Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the Scott County AD hypocritical?

Featured Replies

Thank you, I guess he didn't have the "gifts of the Spirit" stated in Mark 16:15.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont quite understand what you want Jim Mckee to do? Turn down kids from coming to his school? If recruiting can be proven than it would make it an obvious case of being hypocritical, what do you suggest he do? You obviously have a problem....so what is the solution?

I'm not sure I follow.

 

Jim's argument is that LexCath attracts kids from inside its much larger Diocesan jurisdictional limits that come from public schools in that territory, when those same public schools have only a much more limited territory to choose from themselves.

 

Socrates, you seem to be arguing that Scott County's basketball team attracts "transfers" from outside jurisdictional limits because of the program's success, but that it is the same thing.

 

I took only one logic course at Centre, but that seems like apples and oranges to me.

 

That might be Coach McKee's argument but it holds zero water. Anyone in KY is free to attend T, X, Scott County, or any school for that matter. However, I understand Scott County CHOOSES to only accept students from Scott County.

 

Again, in case anyone forgot, you can't self impose restrictions on your own school district and then complain that others won't do the same. The practice is not only stupid but it is un-American.

I dont quite understand what you want Jim Mckee to do? Turn down kids from coming to his school? If recruiting can be proven than it would make it an obvious case of being hypocritical, what do you suggest he do? You obviously have a problem....so what is the solution?

 

He needs to continue the hard work need to build up his Scott County football program so it can attract/draw better players, just as the basketball program attracts/draws players.

When have Trinity or St. X(or any other Private schools) Football programs benifited from any "major leauge talented transfers"?

 

Cover, I think you are forgetting about Lex Cath's girls basketball program.

 

Sorry, just realized it said football. And as always this has never JUST been a football issue for many throughout the state.

 

And yes Scott Co AD is being hypocritical.

Nothing new to add.

 

1) Yes, he's a hypocrite.

 

2) The Guru had my thoughts. Scott County chose it's boundaries, so they can't complain.

Cover, I think you are forgetting about Lex Cath's girls basketball program.

 

Sorry, just realized it said football. And as always this has never JUST been a football issue for many throughout the state.

 

And yes Scott Co AD is being hypocritical.

 

LBBC, as far as students comming to Lex Cath from outside Fayette Co and playing any sport is an issue to some, and thats fine. We all may disagree about it, but that happens sometimes. It seems Socrates is equating "High Profile Transfers", like Euton and Jackson to Scott Co., with Freshmen going to a Private School from outside the area. I don't think its a completely fair comparison. In some ways it is, becase the way KHSAA rules are written, there are bona fide transer rules, that have been followed in this case, and if a freshman enrolls in a private school outside the traditional area, it violates no KHAA rules either.

 

FWIW, in by 7 years dealing with LC, the examples of "high impact transfers" is next to nothing. Vee Sanford is the only student athlete I can think of that would fit that label. Come to think of it, I can't think very few student athletes to LC that transfered after enrolling as a freshman in another high school, and there are many more who tranfered away from LC, and had major impacts on other programs, including MVP of State Championships.

Still no one has answered my question...what should Mckee do as AD in this situation? He doesnt have the power to turn the transfers away at the door...by law they must be admitted! Should he force Hicks to only play players born in Scott County? I just hear people talking about a problem...but again no one with a solution!

Still no one has answered my question...what should Mckee do as AD in this situation? He doesnt have the power to turn the transfers away at the door...by law they must be admitted! Should he force Hicks to only play players born in Scott County? I just hear people talking about a problem...but again no one with a solution!

 

How about:

 

I think he should realize that his school has benefited more than any single institution in the state from high profile transfers and just shut up. :banana:

Still no one has answered my question...what should Mckee do as AD in this situation? He doesnt have the power to turn the transfers away at the door...by law they must be admitted! Should he force Hicks to only play players born in Scott County? I just hear people talking about a problem...but again no one with a solution!

 

First of all, Coach McKee and I have a very good relationship considering we are on opposite ends of this issue.

 

To answer your question, Coach McKee should put all of his effort into making Scott County sports the best they can be and he should quit "worrying" about what is going on anywhere else because among other things he has ZERO control over it.

 

With all that said, if someone violates the rules there should be severe punishment from the KHSAA. What there shouldn't be is secret Terrible Twenty meetings by a bunch of 6A coaches trying to divide and conquer KY high school sports.

 

I will give credit to Coach McKee because at least we know where he stands on the issue. I sure wish the other 19 chicken hearted coaches would stand up and let everyone know who they are and why they hold the position they do on this issue.

Even though he has "zero" control over the issue, he has sure been able to get the attention of all the privates with that "zero" control (i.e. this thread). It seems as if the control always rests with the majority, while I believe he is in the majority the others huff and puff about it quitely when he lets his opinion be known. While some may not agree with all of his opinions (myself included) at least he doesnt coward behind what he believes in!

Of course Coach McKee is a concern to some people, anytime "a bad guy" cuts a tree down in front of you, you have to get your chainsaw out and cut it up.

Another reason not to like SCHS.

Cover, I think you are forgetting about Lex Cath's girls basketball program.

 

Sorry, just realized it said football. And as always this has never JUST been a football issue for many throughout the state.

 

And yes Scott Co AD is being hypocritical.

 

If this is the case (or cases) I believe you are refering to there was no 'transfer' since the girls played at the other school as MSers. At that time that was not considered a transfer at all. But due to uproar LC implemented the true 'transfer' rule to 8th grade level prior to it being formally adopted last year.

 

And if my understanding of the situation is correct there were older family members already at LC and the education path of the girls in question was not a surprise to anyone. So this supposed story is nothing but foder used by the private school bashers. (and I do not consider you in this catagory LBBC...)

 

This is same vain as post #22 above.

Edited by Bluegrasscard
Add last comment to point to similar post.

LBBC, as far as students comming to Lex Cath from outside Fayette Co and playing any sport is an issue to some, and thats fine. We all may disagree about it, but that happens sometimes. It seems Socrates is equating "High Profile Transfers", like Euton and Jackson to Scott Co., with Freshmen going to a Private School from outside the area. I don't think its a completely fair comparison. In some ways it is, becase the way KHSAA rules are written, there are bona fide transer rules, that have been followed in this case, and if a freshman enrolls in a private school outside the traditional area, it violates no KHAA rules either.

 

FWIW, in by 7 years dealing with LC, the examples of "high impact transfers" is next to nothing. Vee Sanford is the only student athlete I can think of that would fit that label. Come to think of it, I can't think very few student athletes to LC that transfered after enrolling as a freshman in another high school, and there are many more who tranfered away from LC, and had major impacts on other programs, including MVP of State Championships.

 

What was the point guard's name that played at Dunbar or something like that? Green?

 

And you are right that most of the LC girls started on the varsity teams of smaller schools as MSers were developed there and then moved to LC their freshmen year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.