Montgomery County/GRC Predictions

sackmaster

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Montgomery County
    • GRC

It was a great game! Might as well play it again. Kind of a motivating factor for both teams in summer camp.

It was a great game...looked like the Cards was going to win, until Ryan Williams had to be carried off the field and taken by ambulance to the hospital.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rec. Bowl has had trouble over the last 10 years or so getting quality teams to come and play in it, plus Montgomery has been down for a while and didn't even play in the bowl themselves several years. I agree, they should have picked a different opponent since they play Clark every year anyway since it's a rivalry game.

Bowl games all over have been tough to schedule. Today there are lots of bowl games and the 6 class realignments made it more difficult.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #2

The Rec. Bowl has had trouble over the last 10 years or so getting quality teams to come and play in it, plus Montgomery has been down for a while and didn't even play in the bowl themselves several years. I agree, they should have picked a different opponent since they play Clark every year anyway since it's a rivalry game.

This is the only way these two teams play every year now. GRC got moved up to 6a and Montgomery is now 5a and are not in the same district.

This is the only way these two teams play every year now. GRC got moved up to 6a and Montgomery is now 5a and are not in the same district.

This isn't the case, there are only 3 district games leaving 7 other games to schedule anyone you want. As FB15G8 said, it's a rivalry game and they'll play it every year. Class your in doesn't really matter either. Montgomery plays Rowan every year and they're 4A.

This isn't the case, there are only 3 district games leaving 7 other games to schedule anyone you want. As FB15G8 said, it's a rivalry game and they'll play it every year. Class your in doesn't really matter either. Montgomery plays Rowan every year and they're 4A.

Actually there is 4 district games, Woodford, Bryan Station, Ashland, and Johnson Central. I think that playing Clark in the Rec Bowl increases the attendance of the game.

Actually there is 4 district games, Woodford, Bryan Station, Ashland, and Johnson Central. I think that playing Clark in the Rec Bowl increases the attendance of the game.

Actually GRC4LIFE and PIttswann are well informed and correct, MC has a 5 team district. With the realignment and other commitments by both teams this was the only way they could keep it going.

You're correct, next season the district goes to 4 with Station going 6A. I agree, this is mainly an attendance game because the Rec Bowl was losing money the past few years and this game helps at the gate.

You're correct, next season the district goes to 4 with Station going 6A. I agree, this is mainly an attendance game because the Rec Bowl was losing money the past few years and this game helps at the gate.

What game isn't an attendance game? Also, with gas prices its a win/win for all 4 school systems in the bowl this year. Look for more local contest in the future - all across the Commonwealth.

The Recreation Bowl is a sponsored game, like most of the Bowl games. It doesn't make or lose money. By the time you pay 4 teams to play...it takes a solid gate and good concessions.

What game isn't an attendance game? Also, with gas prices its a win/win for all 4 school systems in the bowl this year. Look for more local contest in the future - all across the Commonwealth.

The Recreation Bowl is a sponsored game, like most of the Bowl games. It doesn't make or lose money. By the time you pay 4 teams to play...it takes a solid gate and good concessions.

Bowl games more than any other games are designed to be moneymakers. The only point I was making is that the Rec Bowl doesn't draw like it once did and isn't the event it once was. I have several friends who have served on the Rec Bowl committee and they all echo the same sentiment. It's hard to get top teams to come in and play it now. This year's lineup is a do-over from last year with the same four teams. So it makes sense for Montgomery to play Clark and generate at least some local buzz. Even sponsored games have a goal of making money or at the least breaking even, otherwise they don't get sponsored for very long.

Bowl games more than any other games are designed to be moneymakers. The only point I was making is that the Rec Bowl doesn't draw like it once did and isn't the event it once was. I have several friends who have served on the Rec Bowl committee and they all echo the same sentiment. It's hard to get top teams to come in and play it now. This year's lineup is a do-over from last year with the same four teams. So it makes sense for Montgomery to play Clark and generate at least some local buzz. Even sponsored games have a goal of making money or at the least breaking even, otherwise they don't get sponsored for very long.

Ever heard of advertising budgets. Nextel pays to be the sponsor of NASCAR...Nextel doesn't make money directly from the races. Great American paid to have the stadium named ....Applebee's paid the Legends to name their stadium...

At the high school level, its all about feel good, community support.