Franklin County/Mercer County Scrimmage

Nice work for both teams. FC had the upper hand for the most part other than a few picks during the 10/10, FC won the game situation. FC was with out two of their best players one a starting safety and one a linebacker and running back. The o/d lines will need to get better during the season to win district and compete at years end.

Nice work for both teams. FC had the upper hand for the most part other than a few picks during the 10/10, FC won the game situation. FC was with out two of their best players one a starting safety and one a linebacker and running back. The o/d lines will need to get better during the season to win district and compete at years end.

I didn't hear that FC had the upper hand. I have been told FC scored 2 with their varsity (1 in 10 play format and 1 in d/d) and in both scores Mercer had several, if not all subs in. Mercer scored 3-4 with their 1st team.

I could be wrong but that was my impression, the FC staff gave Mercer alot of extra series and a few extra plays and still stopped them for the most part. Bottom line it was a scrimmage score keeping was so confusing I just felt like FC was a better team at this point. But I am a little Partial I am an FC fan. Good luck to both teams. Both teams were very evenly matched, and both missing a few key kids.

I was pleasantly surprised with the line play of FC. I thought they would be kind of sloppy with the inexperience,but they played well on both sides of the ball.O- line missed a few blocks and D-line got caught on some cutback plays, but overall looked to be another group of well coached kids.Once the jitters were gone the skill players from FC started to execute.Several kids caught and ran the ball well.These scrimmages are a good tool to get geared up to gametime intensity and work the kinks out before the season starts.Also noticed that coach Ledford for FC was at mid-season form!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It has been a tough pre-season with the FC players, practice fields being moved, stadium gone, other construction, a few key players walking away for baseball and other things. And they are very young and adjusting for the intensity of varsity, the scrimmage was good to see the kids finally have some fun.