4x100 Men's Freestyle Relay...with video

MJAlltheWay24

Oh no... 8 hundredths of a second was the difference. The underwater camera looked like a dead heat. The U.S. anchor swam an absolutely PERFECT race - drafted during the first 50 and won it over the last 20 meters. The French anchor will never be able to get over this one.

You are exactly right. The anchor will probably think of that race pretty much every hour for the rest of his life. It was in his hands and he lost it. Swimming is one of those sports that there is no one to blame but yourself. It can be great in there are no refs or judgement calls, but when you screw up, it's all you.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you that couldn't watch the race it went something like this.

"Wow I think we can take these Frenchies,"

"Hmmm now I see why they're saying they're so good, but we're pretty good looking still too"

"Are they pulliing away"

"Crap they're gonna talk smack and win, this stinks"

"WE'RE GAINING ON THEM!"

"Wait no we aren't..."

"HOLY CRAP YES WE ARE! COULD WE PULL THIS OFF?"

"OH MY GOSH WE JUST WON, WE WON, WE WON!"

All of this was followed by standing up wherever you were, who ever you were, and giving a huge Tiger Woods(also an American) fist pump.

This was definitely the best part of my weekend, and I had a rather nice weekend.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:We're you in my living room last night? I was standing in front of my t.v., waving my arms and screaming. My husband was yelling at me to move and at the same time screaming at Lezak to pull! I'm sure we were quite a sight to see!:laugh: