Obama's 'emergency' economic plan...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to elaborate?

I guess I should have said who ever thinks this is a good thing has no clue. And if Obama truly believes this is a good idea then he has no clue. If this happens you will need the $1000 off set the increase in the price of gas. How do you think the oil companies will pay for this?

In the last 2 weeks gas has fallen about .40 a gallon. Do you think this little announcement will help that?

How can anyone believe that Obama can pay for everything that he is promising without raising taxes on everybody?

In my mind that says thet either A)Obama is lying about not rasing taxes on everyone or B)he really isn't going to do all he is promising.

Either way he is a liar.

And another thing that everyone needs to keep in mind, especially here. There is legislation before the Congress to "Green up" local utilities by mandating that they make very expensive changes to the way they generate power. In a place like here where a large percentage of our electricity is generated from burning coal it could double the average household electrical bill. It will be one of the first bills passed in Obama is elected.

As I do my families budget for the month, and thank God that this month we will have a little left over, (that is if something doesn't go wrong) I wonder why either candidate doesn't put his money where is mouth is. I mean both candidates will spend millions if not a billion dollars in running their campaigns, so they can get elected to supposedly help out America and Americans. So my question to both candidates is, why not give most of that money to those that could use it now and reap the good press, and free news reports instead of spending it on their campaign?

The candidate who did this would get my vote and I am sure many, many others too.

BTW why can't both parties instead of spending the enormous amount of money on their parties conventions (we know who the candidates are) why not spend that money on helping people.

Sure would send the correct message that it isn't all about me to Businesses and people across this great land of ours!

Just a thought!

I want to ask this to those who say domestic drilling is not the answer and will not help.

What annoucement was made right before oil / gas price began to come down?

OK, I'll bite. What announcement was made?

Maybe it was just a coincidence but wasn't that about the same time Bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling?
Yes, it was probably just a coincidence like the coincidence of the troop surge in Iraq and the drop in violence levels and progress in meeting the political benchmarks set by the Bush administration.