Owsley Co. coaching job.

Probably Charlie Davidson, the baseball coach. He's already in the system, and they more than likely don't want to go outside the district this time around, after the experiences of the past few years. A lot of trust was put into the last hire, and the adminstrators were made promises that weren't kept. I believe they will be very careful of outside hires in the future.

Probably Charlie Davidson, the baseball coach. He's already in the system, and they more than likely don't want to go outside the district this time around, after the experiences of the past few years. A lot of trust was put into the last hire, and the adminstrators were made promises that weren't kept. I believe they will be very careful of outside hires in the future.

I'd say you've hit the nail on the head!!!!:thumb:

What is his background in coaching basketball?

Started under Roscoe Denny at Breathitt the year they won the 14th region. Assistant coach two years under Coach Cornwell in 04 and 05 and then was assistant again last year under coach Nobel. May be more , thats just what I know of.:thumb:

Started under Roscoe Denny at Breathitt the year they won the 14th region. Assistant coach two years under Coach Cornwell in 04 and 05 and then was assistant again last year under coach Nobel. May be more , thats just what I know of.:thumb:

So if he started under coach Denney can we expect the Owls to play a little match-up or maybe some junk defenses that Denney utilized while on his way to the sweet sixteen in 96'?

I'm not sure. I was only giving my opinion to how they may think about their future. But I'm not 'in the know' anymore, as I once was. That's what retirement will do for you.:D

:thumb:I heard today that Charlie Davidson is the new Head Coach for the Owls. It was decided to hire from within the current teaching staff in the district--as I understand.

According to those close to the situation,

Coach Davidson has proven himself as someone with great integrity, hard-working, dedicated, and has the respect of both students and staff.

Congratulations and Good Luck to Coach Davidson!:dancingpa

So if he started under coach Denney can we expect the Owls to play a little match-up or maybe some junk defenses that Denney utilized while on his way to the sweet sixteen in 96'?

Keep your eyes open because just like Coach Denny, Coach Davidson is capable of pulling out a little this and that as long as it wins the games. Hopefully same outcome in the winning bracket will occur.

Congrats to Coach Davidson and goodluck in the future, we here in Owsley still believe.:thumb: