Who said it #2?

theguru

This might be a dumb question, but how was he warm in comparing Scroggins to Wyatt? I don't know either very well, so I'm just curious, and am not taking a position here.

Both 3A coaches, maybe? I'm not sure...guru gives some pretty obscure clues. :lol:

This might be a dumb question, but how was he warm in comparing Scroggins to Wyatt? I don't know either very well, so I'm just curious, and am not taking a position here.

From the 3A PT preview:

“A lot of it is mental toughness,” said Wyatt, a former assistant who’s been away from coaching football for three years but has led the Tornado’s track and field program to eight consecutive state titles. “We’ve got to become the kind of team that can go on the road, to somebody’s house, and knock them off to get to the finals.”

There’s little doubt that statement is made with defending state champion Louisville Central in mind. Central beat the Tornado 17-14 on the road in last year’s semifinals, winning on a last-second field goal. This year, a potential return encounter would be in Louisville.

If Tilghman can get production out of their QB this year Tilghman could be a handful. Wyatt was a great football player and track star at Tilghman and a very good receiver at UK. He will have Paducah Tilghman knocking on the door very soon if not this year. Good luck to him and the rest of PT this season...well maybe except for one game this year on October 3rd against Mayfield...