Trotwood-Madison (Ohio) found guilty of recruiting

jbwill2

I thought this would be of note, especially since this has become a bigger issue in KY with the KHSAA recently. Also of note, Trotwood-Madison is the team Highlands beat this past year in the Herbie... they had several D-I players on that squad.

The Ohio High School Athletic Association has concluded its findings pertaining to eligibility issues associated with Trotwood-Madison High School’s football program,

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio High School Athletic Association has concluded its findings pertaining to eligibility issues associated with Trotwood-Madison High School’s football program, Commissioner Daniel B. Ross has announced, and the school and OHSAA have come to an agreement on penalties that will be assessed against the school. The ruling was made following an OHSAA investigation that lasted over seven months.

Two senior students have been declared ineligible for interscholastic athletic participation in any OHSAA member school for one year beginning August 1, 2008, in accordance with Bylaws 4-1-2 and 11-2-1, falsification of information for the purpose of establishing eligibility in a member school. The students were in violation of Bylaw 4-7-2, Exception 1, Transfers. Because of the 42-day provisions of Bylaw 11-1-1, there is no requirement to forfeit any contests in which the ineligible students participated.

Edited by rockmom
Added link

I lived up there for years and went to school with some of the players that went to Trotwood, I knew of alot of players that were recruited to play for the rams. Its kinda sad because they have plenty of talent in the Dayton area not to have to recruit.

I lived up there for years and went to school with some of the players that went to Trotwood, I knew of alot of players that were recruited to play for the rams. Its kinda sad because they have plenty of talent in the Dayton area not to have to recruit.

The recruiting stayed in the Dayton "area". It's an ugly situation I've been close to for months. I'll leave it at that...

Didn't T-M send 12 or so kids to D-! schools last year? THAT'S recruiting!! I'd send my kid there if that many scouts are looking...or the coaches work that hard to promote the kids!!

The number of kids they sent D1 is not as large as the number of BCS schools that now refuse to recruit TM after last year...

The number of kids they sent D1 is not as large as the number of BCS schools that now refuse to recruit TM after last year...

I don't buy that. Schools will follow talent where ever it is. If TM has a cant-miss kid, schools will be there like they always are. Its their lifeblood.

Now they may pass on the bottom-level D1 kids but they will never stop recruiting top talent.

I don't buy that. Schools will follow talent where ever it is. If TM has a cant-miss kid, schools will be there like they always are. Its their lifeblood.

Now they may pass on the bottom-level D1 kids but they will never stop recruiting top talent.

Don't buy it all you want. The staff ticked off numerous big time programs last year including the two BCS schools in Ohio. I know for a fact both have backed off all of the BCS talent remaining at TM, and several of those kids are high major...

Don't buy it all you want. The staff ticked off numerous big time programs last year including the two BCS schools in Ohio. I know for a fact both have backed off all of the BCS talent remaining at TM, and several of those kids are high major...

I don't doubt they told you that. I also don't doubt they will keep an eye on the talent there and jump into the bidding pool. If they have the next Tyrelle Pryor, every school in the country will be camped out in Dayton.

I don't doubt they told you that. I also don't doubt they will keep an eye on the talent there and jump into the bidding pool. If they have the next Tyrelle Pryor, every school in the country will be camped out in Dayton.

Until they overhaul the entire staff, there are schools that simply will not recruit TM. It got that bad...