Logical Question

While I think Global Warming is a bunch of hooey, I do think going green is the right thing for or children's future and for the planet. I look at being Eco-friendly from a pollution of the planet standpoint. I think we are arrogant to think that man, can have anything more than a minuscule effect on the weather patterns of this planet, but TJMO. My only problem with the global warmers is the forced agenda they are pushing. I do think that saving energy in any form and reducing waste and pollution is the right thing to do.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think Global Warming is a bunch of hooey, I do think going green is the right thing for or children's future and for the planet. I look at being Eco-friendly from a pollution of the planet standpoint. I think we are arrogant to think that man, can have anything more than a minuscule effect on the weather patterns of this planet, but TJMO. My only problem with the global warmers is the forced agenda they are pushing. I do think that saving energy in any form and reducing waste and pollution is the right thing to do.

That is using conservation methods to make what we have last. Do you realize how much we could affect pollution and landfill sizes if we recycled all the plastic bottles we used. For that matter if each household recycled half of their recyclables,instead of throwing it away, just think of all the garbage, landfill space, and pollution we could cut down on.

Be the threat be real or not, we as humans have not done a good job in being good stewards of the earth.

Pushing it how things get done! Would slavery of ended without some pushing? Pro-Life activists try to force their agenda. This wait and see attitude that some have wont work if their is actually a problem!

While I agree that pushing needs to be done some times, I do not feel this is one of them. That is JMO, and differs from your view. That's what makes us all different. I think people and corporations need to make these changes because it is the right thing to do as neighbors and stewards of our communities. Most companies are finding that it is not only the right thing to do but also the profitable thing to do, when it comes to going green. Wal-Mart for instance is on the way to making their truck fleet (the largest private fleet in America) 100% more efficient. While this could save 26 billion pounds of carbon dioxide over the next 12 years, it would in the long run be more profitable for the company. Being a smaller government guy I support letting people do what is right and not forcing them to with new government regulations.

While I agree that pushing needs to be done some times, I do not feel this is one of them. That is JMO, and differs from your view. That's what makes us all different. I think people and corporations need to make these changes because it is the right thing to do as neighbors and stewards of our communities. Most companies are finding that it is not only the right thing to do but also the profitable thing to do, when it comes to going green. Wal-Mart for instance is on the way to making their truck fleet (the largest private fleet in America) 100% more efficient. While this could save 26 billion pounds of carbon dioxide over the next 12 years, it would in the long run be more profitable for the company. Being a smaller government guy I support letting people do what is right and not forcing them to with new government regulations.

I could see this as being a viable alternative to this. But you know me, I like for government to throw its weight around(we its with something I agree with :p)

At least your not one of these,"Nothing is going to happen, I will throw garbage out my car window if I want" kind of people.

Yeah, I think we should do what we can. I am about halfway to converting to squiggly bulbs at home now.

I've been doing this over the course of several months. I must say...it has made a trememdous difference in my electric bill, believe it or not. I'm about 75% done on the conversion (I wait until my regular bulbs burn out, then buy the new ones). My bill went down $20 from May to June. Maybe it doesn't sound like a lot, but since nothing else changed as far as my electric consumption is concerned, it's the only thing I can attribute the reduction to. I've been very pleased so far.

I lady I work with changed every bulb in her house over a two month period and said her bill has dropped by about 40%. My only issue with them is that they take just a minute to get to full brightness. Other than that, I can't tell which ones I have switched and which ones I haven't.

Pushing it how things get done! Would slavery of ended without some pushing? Pro-Life activists try to force their agenda. This wait and see attitude that some have wont work if their is actually a problem!
So, some think there are UFOs, should we push an agenda on that too? Should we force programs that might protect us from an alien attack of some sort? If Big Al believed in it, I guess we would.

I could see this as being a viable alternative to this. But you know me, I like for government to throw its weight around(we its with something I agree with :p)

At least your not one of these,"Nothing is going to happen, I will throw garbage out my car window if I want" kind of people.

I doubt anyone in this forum is. Why do you paint those who think Global Warming is hogwash as some kind of littering, energy glutton hicks?

I'm sorry... I see that the "other" side isn't willing to debate. They look down their noses, telling you that you're wacko and off your rocker and naive. To me, that reeks of lack of foresight and lack of concern for the future generations.

You need to be more specific on which issue you are addressing. We have said this to you on many, many issues.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:p;):sssh::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I think we should do what we can. I am about halfway to converting to squiggly bulbs at home now.
I myself have done that as well. I also have a programmable thermostat to help use less energy and just put in an energy efficient furnace and AC.

I think we should be conserving and it is irrelevant on whether Global warming exists or not.

Flourescent light bulbs.

Vehicles with better gas mileage.

Alternative fuels.

Better insulation and housing to prevent wasted fuel for heating and air conditioning.

Recycling where and when appropriate.

Etc, etc.

Those things should be done and global warming has nothing to do with it.

It is about being a good steward.

I am curious on how global warming people explain the unusually cold summer we have had.

I think we should be conserving and it is irrelevant on whether Global warming exists or not.

Flourescent light bulbs.

Vehicles with better gas mileage.

Alternative fuels.

Better insulation and housing to prevent wasted fuel for heating and air conditioning.

Recycling where and when appropriate.

Etc, etc.

Those things should be done and global warming has nothing to do with it.

It is about being a good steward.

I am curious on how global warming people explain the unusually cold summer we have had.

They'll tell you its caused by global warming. :lol: :rolleyes:

They'll tell you its caused by global warming. :lol: :rolleyes:

Actually its not too far from the truth. The earth is heated through convection currents in the ocean. Its the way earth distributes heat from the sun. When fresh water from melting polar ice caps mixes in with the salt water, it causes there currents to become weak and eventually stop all together. Therefor adequate heat isn't distributed.