Logical Question

Actually its not too far from the truth. The earth is heated through convection currents in the ocean. Its the way earth distributes heat from the sun. When fresh water from melting polar ice caps mixes in with the salt water, it causes there currents to become weak and eventually stop all together. Therefor adequate heat isn't distributed.
And the reason the oceans are cooling?

Of course, these cycles have been happening since the beginning of time.

None of this is a new phenomenon nor is it caused by mankind.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the reason the oceans are cooling?

Of course, these cycles have been happening since the beginning of time.

None of this is a new phenomenon nor is it caused by mankind.

Why are you so opposed to the belief in Global Warming?

Scientists who have no dog in political fight see it as a major problem.

I will concede(unlike the opposite side) that if by chance we arent the cause, we certainly aren't helping things any.

Actually its not too far from the truth. The earth is heated through convection currents in the ocean. Its the way earth distributes heat from the sun. When fresh water from melting polar ice caps mixes in with the salt water, it causes there currents to become weak and eventually stop all together. Therefor adequate heat isn't distributed.
If the oceans are no longer efficiently distributing heat from the sun, then one would expect that ocean temperatures would be rising. Instead, global ocean temperatures have cooled over the past five years. What is the global warming alarmists' explanation for our cooling oceans? Energy is conserved, so what is happening to all of that alleged heat?

Why are you so opposed to the belief in Global Warming?

Scientists who have no dog in political fight see it as a major problem.

I will concede(unlike the opposite side) that if by chance we arent the cause, we certainly aren't helping things any.

You have to realize there are as many scientists with no dog in the fight that disagree with the notion. I've read so many articles and studies from both sides and came to the logical conclusion that it's nothing more than normal cycles. That's why I'm opposed.

Gooch, there's nothing we can do to control the sun. It really is that simple.

You have to realize there are as many scientists with no dog in the fight that disagree with the notion. I've read so many articles and studies from both sides and came to the logical conclusion that it's nothing more than normal cycles. That's why I'm opposed.

Gooch, there's nothing we can do to control the sun. It really is that simple.

Your right we cant control the sun. But we can limit the amount of greenhouse gases we put into the atmosphere which trap the over abundance of heat from the sun.

According to a Nasa study over the past thirty years ocean temperature has increased.

Link to follow

Widespread measurements with accurate instruments of the world's oceans have only been taken for the past five years and the data shows a slight cooling trend. How do you account for that fact?

Widespread measurements with accurate instruments of the world's oceans have only been taken for the past five years and the data shows a slight cooling trend. How do you account for that fact?

Read the link

We as humans don't emit enough to make a difference.

I disagree. I have judged both sides of the argument(whether you believe me or not) and have found this one to be more logical. Until I am brought major proof disclaiming my beliefs I am inclined to believe in man-made global warming.

Some could say its my religion :sssh: