Television Comparision

3wishes

Truthfully, I wouldn't bother with Best Buy either, let alone Wal Mart. Sure, you may pay a little bit more at CC or some other commission-based place like HH Gregg, but you are going to get more knowledgeable sales people, and better service after the sale. Keep in mind that I worked for five years at Best Buy along with all the other info I've given you.
HH Gregg is opening stores in Florida now. What I've heard is that they've been slashing prices and driving Circuit City out of most markets they've entered thus far. I'm waiting for the store to open here before buying going HD.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Buy had the worst customer service in Lexington and with their National people that I ever dealt with in any aspect of buying anything. I will never shop there again! They had me really close to taking them to court and I couldn't imagine myself ever taking anybody to court!

HH Gregg is opening stores in Florida now. What I've heard is that they've been slashing prices and driving Circuit City out of most markets they've entered thus far. I'm waiting for the store to open here before buying going HD.

It may be just me but I felt a lot of the luster from HHGregg has worn off in the Lexington area. There isn't that many people there often and you never hear about them as much, plus their prices aren't that much better on things that you want to save big bucks on. Check their website, some of their stuff is way higher.

Just confirmed through AVS Forums that Amazon.com did indeed go up over $150 from last night. Bummer.

I'm more undecisive about my tv than I was when I bought my wife's engagement ring.

I'm torn again. Samsung 67' DLP w/LED (No bulb outage) $2,100 vs. Samsung 52' LCD $2,500

I'm a big fan of LCD and there's no reason to need anything bigger than 52" IMO. I'd personally go with the LCD but that is just me. If the 67" looks just as good and the bul wil not go out, I can't see going wrong with either.

Either way, I'm a huge Samsung fan and I think you will be getting a great TV regardless.

I'm a big fan of LCD and there's no reason to need anything bigger than 52" IMO.

I'm afraid it will be too small actually, because the theater room is 29 feet long. I'd hate to have to squint.

I'm afraid it will be too small actually, because the theater room is 29 feet long. I'd hate to have to squint.

Then go with the bigger one. It's cheaper. Like I said, you can't go wrong IMO. As long as the bulb won't go out.

I am assuming the bigger TV is 1080p and the contrast ratio isn't all that different, right?