Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katz's Preseason Rankings 6/18

Featured Replies

I think that is actually where Duke should be to start the season off. Depending on their inside play, they could move up or down.

Texas and UConn are way too low...

Texas and UConn are way too low...

 

I agree with you on UConn, but not on Texas. Without Augustine that will really hurt them bad. Plus they usually don't impress me come March.

 

Duke and Miami are too high. Notre Dame is too high too IMO

I agree with you on UConn, but not on Texas. Without Augustine that will really hurt them bad. Plus they usually don't impress me come March.

 

Duke and Miami are too high. Notre Dame is too high too IMO

2 Sweet 16, 2 Elite 8 and a Final 4 in 10 years isn't too shabby.

 

Losing DJ will hurt a lot, but with Abrhams back (played a lot of PG as a FROSH) and James ready to skyrocket I think they will be a Top 10 quality team.

 

I agree Miami is too high, but remember the name Dequan Jones. WOW...

2 Sweet 16, 2 Elite 8 and a Final 4 in 10 years isn't too shabby.

 

Losing DJ will hurt a lot, but with Abrhams back (played a lot of PG as a FROSH) and James ready to skyrocket I think they will be a Top 10 quality team.

 

I agree Miami is too high, but remember the name Dequan Jones. WOW...

 

Theyve alsoe been loaded, look at the NBA, with all the Texa players, and I dont think they are hardly as loaded. I guess we will wait and see.

Theyve alsoe been loaded, look at the NBA, with all the Texa players, and I dont think they are hardly as loaded. I guess we will wait and see.

The big problem there is far too many of those stars didn't stay long enough to become a great team at this level. Can't blame them for the choices they have made, but it is what it is. On the flip side this group has been playing together for a while now, and I expect them to be a Top 10 team...

1. North Carolina

The Tar Heels will be the consensus No. 1 team. If there is a poll and the Tar Heels aren't the No. 1 team, it will be a complete shock or someone will be doing it simply for the shock value. No other team will return as much talent as the Tar Heels. The team will remain essentially intact from its run to the Final Four. A number of other elite teams suffered through a defection or two or three. UNC did not. The Tar Heels will have power presence inside with Tyler Hansbrough and Deon Thompson, a lead guard in Ty Lawson, shooting wings in Wayne Ellington and Danny Green and plenty of pop off the bench. Coach Roy Williams and the Tar Heel nation should have fun with this crew. Start printing the tickets for the 2009 Final Four in Detroit.

 

:ylsuper:

  • Author

^How long have you been/ why are you a Tar Heel fan?

Go Cards. Go Big East.

^How long have you been/ why are you a Tar Heel fan?

 

I have been a Tar Heel fan since the days of Vince Carter, Ed Cota, Shammond Williams, Antawn Jamison & company so I guess from the mid to late 90's.?

 

I am a fan of the Heels because before I even knew they were a good team I lived in Wilmington, NC when I was little. When I moved to Ky, I got interested in basketball & since UNC was a great team at the time (I know, UK dominated that era...I think?), I said why not be a fan of my former state.

 

:thumb:

Go Cards. Go Big East.

 

The only big concern I have with UL is the backcourt. I think Terrence Williams, Earl Clark, Terrence Jennnings, and Samardo Samuels will make up for most of the backcourts shortcomings, but the guards do need to improve.

I think that Edgar needs to step up, but considering that Jerry Smith is the 4th option at best I think he's fantastic... but luckily he will be getting even better.

UK was the last team even mentioned.

 

Well, here's to hoping its a start in the right direction. Definitely going to be more athletic than last year. But, my main concern is who is going to score from outside???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.