What is your favorite pie?

oldrambler

I saw the cake thread and it got me to thinking. I probably like pies more than cakes so what are everyones favorite pies? (of coure as well as my answer on cakes I am talking about homemade but if you have favorive from a store please list it)

My list would have to include......

Homemade Apple pie

Strawberry

Pecan

Derby pie (pecan w/ chocolate & bourbon)

Cream pies would be...

Penut Butter

Coconut Cream

I think that list may start mine, LOL. Yep, I like to eat. :lol:

Edited by oldrambler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get them at the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge. They make homemade Stack Cake there as well.

Math, for someone that loves fried apple pies as much as myself, I have never really been a Stack Cake fan for some reason.

Math, for someone that loves fried apple pies as much as myself, I have never really been a Stack Cake fan for some reason.

Don, my papaw made one that was terrific. The Apple Barn's is okay. I knew when papaw had the apples drying on the screen downs laying out back that an apple stack cake was in our future.

My granny's fried apple pies were greasy but out of this world. I bet you would had a half dozen of them, for starters. Some people use apple butter or applesauce when making them but granny used dried apples like my papaw used for the stack cakes.