Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches Association All-Star Games

Featured Replies

The boys from Erlanger put on a good showing in the games. In the Junior game Corey Moore ©, was 2-2 with 3 RBI, and 2 SB. In the Senior game Matt Gregory (CF) was 2-2 and scored the only run for the West.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I will agree with you about Cory being faster, I don't think Cory has a better arm nor is he a better catcher than Luke! Now after typing that, I will say that not only shouldn't Maile have been both the catcher and POY but neither should have Matt Nichols have been the 3rd baseman and the pitcher. One award for each player is enough.

 

Getting up on my soapbox:

 

BTW I also have a problem with only having 2 players from each team making the Junior or Senior All Star team. How can you leave out a Isler and a Nutini from the Junior All Star team, when they both made the All NKy team large school division? With CovCath having Darner, Isler, Maile and Nutini on their team, it just wasn't fair to two of those young men to be kept off the team just because all teams have to have two players each. If it is a True All Star team, then it should be the best players not just limited to the two best players on each team....

 

Getting down off of my soapbox

 

 

I agree to an extent. Each team should atleast be represented by a one player minimum. Teams who make it further in the postseason should be given more roster spots then those eliminated early on.

Didnt see any mention about Nick Houlehan from Boon County for pitching. Didn't he receive the pitching award for the 9th region?

Didnt see any mention about Nick Houlehan from Boon County for pitching. Didn't he receive the pitching award for the 9th region?

 

No Nichols received the pitching award

Im not disagreeing baseball is life....but I did see Houlehan the other day and he told me that he received the pitcher of the year award...Maybe it was by a different organization...like the district or something. But I can confirm from Nick himself that he did win some kind of pitcher of the year award.

  • Author
Im not disagreeing baseball is life....but I did see Houlehan the other day and he told me that he received the pitcher of the year award...Maybe it was by a different organization...like the district or something. But I can confirm from Nick himself that he did win some kind of pitcher of the year award.

 

They gave out the same awards for both Division I and Division II schools.

Maybe Nick got the pitching award at Boone County for their end of year awards?

  • Author
Maybe Nick got the pitching award at Boone County for their end of year awards?

 

No, he actually did receive the award. I was there and they gave out awards for all positions for both the Division I and the Division II schools. I believe they gave out a couple for pitchers.

I saw the award they gave to him. I don't recall that it was marked division one or two. By the way what is the difference between the two? If it is by size of school wouldn't Dixie and Boone be in the same division? Nicks dad was under the impression that the award was for the best pitcher in the 9th.

I saw the award they gave to him. I don't recall that it was marked division one or two. By the way what is the difference between the two? If it is by size of school wouldn't Dixie and Boone be in the same division? Nicks dad was under the impression that the award was for the best pitcher in the 9th.

 

I am pretty sure Matt won pitcher of the year award, and Nick was just the pitcher who won an award.

There is no doubt Nichols won pitcher of the year in the 9th region, probably wasn't even close he was definately the best around this area by far. That is probably why he is playing division 1 in college.

  • Author
I am pretty sure Matt won pitcher of the year award, and Nick was just the pitcher who won an award.

 

????

I would like to get an an answer on how EJ Murray from Scott was voted the best SS when he wasn't even the best SS on his own team this year. Granted EJ is a decent SS but has very limited range and an average arm at best when it comes to throwing runners out when going in the hole. The games I went to this year EJ made errors in I know he had an injury but to me this year Scott was better when EJ was on second and the Adkins kid was at short. Next year I believe EJ will be the best SS at Scott I just don't think he was this year but that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

 

You must have something against E.J. because you seem to be the only one bashing him on here. Not only did E.J. have an injury to his knee but he was asked to pitch and go back and play short. I guess you are second guessing not only Coach Roberts but the rest of the coaches in the area and the 10th Region for voting E.J. as one of the two juniors to represent the 10th region in the State's East/West All-Star game. Now I don't know about you but those seem to be pretty good indicators that E.J. was the best SS on his team and the area.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

You must have something against E.J. because you seem to be the only one bashing him on here. Not only did E.J. have an injury to his knee but he was asked to pitch and go back and play short. I guess you are second guessing not only Coach Roberts but the rest of the coaches in the area and the 10th Region for voting E.J. as one of the two juniors to represent the 10th region in the State's East/West All-Star game. Now I don't know about you but those seem to be pretty good indicators that E.J. was the best SS on his team and the area.

 

I agree that EJ is one of the best shortstops in the area, there is no questioning that.

 

Personally I have always thought that Scott has had great freshman and JV teams but its never translated into a great Varsity team. IMO I think Roberts has made some questionable moves and calls that have actually hurt the team. One being how Adams at the first of the year was handled delicately but all of a sudden after he showed good improvement they threw him into the fire and his arm problems started to re-emerge (this isn't my only observation), however this is a conversation that is to be discussed elsewhere as it isn't pertinent to this thread.

You must have something against E.J. because you seem to be the only one bashing him on here. Not only did E.J. have an injury to his knee but he was asked to pitch and go back and play short. I guess you are second guessing not only Coach Roberts but the rest of the coaches in the area and the 10th Region for voting E.J. as one of the two juniors to represent the 10th region in the State's East/West All-Star game. Now I don't know about you but those seem to be pretty good indicators that E.J. was the best SS on his team and the area.

 

I don't believe I said nothing about him not being a good shortstop. I just said he wasn't even the best shortstop on Scott's team. Next year he will definately be the best on Scott's team but I doubt if he will be the best in the Region, this is my opinion and I am sticking to it.:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.