Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches Association All-Star Games

Featured Replies

Is Whery playing ball next year?

 

John I believe is going to be a pre-med student at the University of Kentucky this fall. While he is a rather good baseball player, he is even a better student and outstanding human being.....His Mom (Terry) and Dad (Mark) should be very proud of the young man they have raised.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had hoped to read, or at least I would have thought that in the NKy.com there would have been a burp about who made the Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches All Star Team, but alias I saw nothing in the paper this morning! I guess the NKy.com sports reporters were too busy yesterday, with all the other sporting events going on in NKy!

 

 

Large Schools

1st Base Zac Isler

SS E.J. Murray

3rd Base Matt Nichols

C Luke Maile

OF Brandon Nutini

OF Cody Elliott

P Matt Nichols

POY Luke Maile

 

Please, fill in the rest of the young men who were honored last night, as they all deserved to receive a little bit of recognition for the hard work that they put in this season, Congrats to all of them!

I had hoped to read, or at least I would have thought that in the NKy.com there would have been a burp about who made the Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches All Star Team, but alias I saw nothing in the paper this morning! I guess the NKy.com sports reporters were too busy yesterday, with all the other sporting events going on in NKy!

 

 

Large Schools

1st Base Zac Isler

SS E.J. Murray

3rd Base Matt Nichols

C Luke Maile

OF Brandon Nutini

OF Cody Elliott

P Matt Nichols

POY Luke Maile

 

Please, fill in the rest of the young men who were honored last night, as they all deserved to receive a little bit of recognition for the hard work that they put in this season, Congrats to all of them!

 

I believe there was two divisions of all-stars that they announced in between games. Some additions to the Division 1 All Stars would be OF Ronald Cotton (Boone County) and OF Austin Studer (Campbell County). The other Division 1 OF was Nutini from Cov. Cath

  • Author
any updates on the games?

 

In the Junior game, the East won 11 - 7. I only got to see the end of the game, but I did see Jeremy Connor(NCC) hit a HR over the left field fence.

Maybe someone else could fill in some other highlights and correct me on the score if it is not right.

 

In the Senior game, the East won 3 - 1. Zach Muench(Highlands) hit a HR over the fence in center field and, sorry can't remember the name of the player, but I think it was a player from Campbell Co., had a 2B to drive in the other 2 runs. If anyone knows the players name, please let us know. Also, Josh Brown(Simon Kenton) from the West had a 2B. Not many hits in this game, so if anyone else came think of anything else, please let us know.

The Campbell County player was Andy Franzen that hit the double and drove in the two runs. He also has a nice running in right center while playing centerfield.

I had hoped to read, or at least I would have thought that in the NKy.com there would have been a burp about who made the Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches All Star Team, but alias I saw nothing in the paper this morning! I guess the NKy.com sports reporters were too busy yesterday, with all the other sporting events going on in NKy!

 

 

Large Schools

1st Base Zac Isler

SS E.J. Murray

3rd Base Matt Nichols

C Luke Maile

OF Brandon Nutini

OF Cody Elliott

P Matt Nichols

POY Luke Maile

 

Please, fill in the rest of the young men who were honored last night, as they all deserved to receive a little bit of recognition for the hard work that they put in this season, Congrats to all of them!

 

Wow! I don't understand how Cory Farris did not get any awards. He is every bit as good as Maile. He is absolutely faster and he has a much better arm as well. I think there is something wrong with this.

While Luke is a very good player, I tend to agree with the assessment from above, but only in the respect that Farris is just as good. I think the easy way to rectify that is that if Maile is going to be player of the year (which I have no problem with because I think Luke is a phenomenal talent) then Farris should have been awarded the catcher award. I believe that by recognizing Luke as POY, we are already acknowledging the fact that he is the best of the best and can give another talented player his dues. Not to mention, they was a place for both on the all-state team.

I had hoped to read, or at least I would have thought that in the NKy.com there would have been a burp about who made the Northern Kentucky Baseball Coaches All Star Team, but alias I saw nothing in the paper this morning! I guess the NKy.com sports reporters were too busy yesterday, with all the other sporting events going on in NKy!

 

 

Large Schools

1st Base Zac Isler

SS E.J. Murray

3rd Base Matt Nichols

C Luke Maile

OF Brandon Nutini

OF Cody Elliott

P Matt Nichols

POY Luke Maile

 

Please, fill in the rest of the young men who were honored last night, as they all deserved to receive a little bit of recognition for the hard work that they put in this season, Congrats to all of them!

 

Is Isler hurt? He was in street clothes to receive his award.

Is Isler hurt? He was in street clothes to receive his award.

 

 

No, Ice is fine. Maile and Darner were the two players chossen by CovCath to play in the junior game.

Wow! I don't understand how Cory Farris did not get any awards. He is every bit as good as Maile. He is absolutely faster and he has a much better arm as well. I think there is something wrong with this.

 

While I will agree with you about Cory being faster, I don't think Cory has a better arm nor is he a better catcher than Luke! Now after typing that, I will say that not only shouldn't Maile have been both the catcher and POY but neither should have Matt Nichols have been the 3rd baseman and the pitcher. One award for each player is enough.

 

Getting up on my soapbox:

 

BTW I also have a problem with only having 2 players from each team making the Junior or Senior All Star team. How can you leave out a Isler and a Nutini from the Junior All Star team, when they both made the All NKy team large school division? With CovCath having Darner, Isler, Maile and Nutini on their team, it just wasn't fair to two of those young men to be kept off the team just because all teams have to have two players each. If it is a True All Star team, then it should be the best players not just limited to the two best players on each team....

 

Getting down off of my soapbox

I would like to get an an answer on how EJ Murray from Scott was voted the best SS when he wasn't even the best SS on his own team this year. Granted EJ is a decent SS but has very limited range and an average arm at best when it comes to throwing runners out when going in the hole. The games I went to this year EJ made errors in I know he had an injury but to me this year Scott was better when EJ was on second and the Adkins kid was at short. Next year I believe EJ will be the best SS at Scott I just don't think he was this year but that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I don't think Nichols should of got two awards..I can't believe that Zach Muench didn't get the 3rd base award??

I thought Adams of Scott should've gotten the 1st base award.

 

He batted .400 on the year for the Eagles with 10 homeruns and I believe he won the triple crown for Scott this year.

 

Nothing against Isler of course I think it should have been Adams.

 

I have heard though that Adams made the Enquirer all star team which is due out June 26th

I thought Adams of Scott should've gotten the 1st base award.

 

He batted .400 on the year for the Eagles with 10 homeruns and I believe he won the triple crown for Scott this year.

 

Nothing against Isler of course I think it should have been Adams.

 

I have heard though that Adams made the Enquirer all star team which is due out June 26th

 

 

Their numbers were actually pretty similar. A good case could be made for either of them.

 

Adams ... .392 ... 79 AB ... 31 hits ... 27 BB ... 10 HR ... 33 RBI ... 33 R ... 15K

Isler ...... .405 ... 84 AB ... 34 hits ... 21 BB ... 6 HR ... 36 RBI ... 26 R ... 5K

Their numbers were actually pretty similar. A good case could be made for either of them.

 

Adams ... .392 ... 79 AB ... 31 hits ... 27 BB ... 10 HR ... 33 RBI ... 33 R ... 15K

Isler ...... .405 ... 84 AB ... 34 hits ... 21 BB ... 6 HR ... 36 RBI ... 26 R ... 5K

 

Very fair point.

 

The only thing I'll say for Adams is that he doesn't have the supporting cast like Isler does for CovCath.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.