North-Eastern Kentucky Senior Bowl East 9 West 8

Ram

For the East Jacob Sparks (Raceland) got the first score with a 45 yard field goal. I believe Shawn Grimm (Johnson Central) had the only TD for the East. Tyler Jones (Russell) had a good game defensively, as well as Dalton Terry (Raceland). Casey Clark (Fairview) was the defensive player of the game for the East.

Man it looked like Dalton Terry was tearing it up tonight. Jacob Sparks really must have grew a bigger toe. He can kick that ball. Casey Clark was every where. Shawn Grimm can run that thing. Great game it gave me a rush to see football in June. Its like Christmas year round. Does Raceland have a coaching staff or what.

The East jumped out to a 9-0 lead in the first half, & then had to withstand a West rally to win. There were several good athletes on both sides, & both sides were well represented by several schools.

The East had players from Raceland, Russell, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Fairview, Greenup County, East Carter, Lawrence County, & Boyd County. The West had players from West Carter, Rowan County, Lewis County, Bath County, Nicholas County, Mason County, Fleming County, Clark County, Montgomery County, & Morgan County.

A Jacob Sparks 45-yard FG & a 1-yard run by Daniel Armstrong provided the scoring for the East. I bbelieve #15 (not listed in the game program) scored for the West, & they scored a two-point conversion off of a busted play.

Shawn Grim & Casey Clark stood out offensively for the East, & Tyler Jones made some good defensive plays, as well as Clark getting the games only interception.

However, it was a total team effort. Great night for football in Raceland !!! Exciting game. :thumb:

‘D’ supreme in one last time to shine

By MELINDA ROBINSON — The Independent

RACELAND — It was a way to end a high school career with a bang — and the third annual East-West senior bowl was a showdown Friday night at Raceland’s Ram Stadium.

The top recent high school graduates from the Northeastern Kentucky area went head to head with the host East team pulling out a 9-8 win, also taking a 2-1 lead in the all-time series.

“Both coaching staffs did a great job all week and it showed in a tight 9-8 football game,” said Raceland coach Randy Vanderhoof, who took on head coaching duties for the East.

Link

I saw a Dixie helmet sticker on the front of one of the East players in the BGP photos. Was there a Dixie player in this game?

No. This was the North-Eastern Kentucky game. Those pictures on the BGP Homepage are from the Kentucky East-West game.

East squad dominated the first half; West the second half; just didn't cash in on their scoring opportunities.

Gotta love football in June; whets the appetite for the upcoming season.

And it was nice for Ram to sit with the papa family for the entire second quarter; maybe we will run into each other again.

East squad dominated the first half; West the second half; just didn't cash in on their scoring opportunities.

Gotta love football in June; whets the appetite for the upcoming season.

And it was nice for Ram to sit with the papa family for the entire second quarter; maybe we will run into each other again.

Football in June is a great warm up for August. And I had a good time talking with McFamily. Talking to McMom, was like talking to a Greenup Countian.;)

Anyone know why there was no player from Ashland there? I know that M. Thomas was participating in the other all-star game, but there had to be some more chosen.

You are correct, Thomas was playing in the state game, I don't know if some other were selected and could not play for some reason or not. But, who would you suggest? I really can't think of any seniors at Ashland other then Thomas that could have been selected.