Track the Cubs (Week 11)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Edmonds!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stole my heart :D

How big is that signing now, especially after the injury. Braves have bases loaded nobody out in the 8th, don't score and it burns them.

What a huge, huge, HUGE win. Now need to win a few more road games. :banana::thumb:

I honestly think the NL Central is over. The Cardinals have played some great ball, but I just can't see them being able to keep pace with the Cubs. A couple of questions for you Cubs fans.

1. What area(s) do you feel the Cubs need to improve before the trade deadline and what moves do you feel will happen?

2. With the NL Central playing the AL East this year, how in the world do the schedule makers not schedule a BoSox- Cubs series? :irked:

The Cubs will sign another front line starter. I'm not sure about Sabathia, but I could see them getting Paul Byrd, Gil Meche, Joe Blanton, or maybe Randy Wolf. Sabathia would require two of their top prospects and I can't see the Cubs trading them away. They ain't exactly a young team.

I've always felt the inter-league schedule has sucked for the Cubs because they are locked into a home and home with the Sox. Teams like the Pirates don't have that natural rival. The Cardinals get the Royals twice a year which is a huge advantage. And because the NL Central has more teams than the other two divisions, they always play one less inter-league series.

Chicago's season will be decided in the first 21 days of September.

The Cubs will sign another front line starter. I'm not sure about Sabathia, but I could see them getting Paul Byrd, Gil Meche, Joe Blanton, or maybe Randy Wolf. Sabathia would require two of their top prospects and I can't see the Cubs trading them away. They ain't exactly a young team.

I've always felt the inter-league schedule has sucked for the Cubs because they are locked into a home and home with the Sox. Teams like the Pirates don't have that natural rival. The Cardinals get the Royals twice a year which is a huge advantage. And because the NL Central has more teams than the other two divisions, they always play one less inter-league series.

Chicago's season will be decided in the first 21 days of September.

I agree on all points, but I really see them making a serious play for CC

They may, but they won't mortgage the farm to get him.

From what I've been hearing and reading, Sweet Lou isn't worried about the future at all, and is pressing Henry to make a big move and they are ready to end the streak this year and are willing to make the neccessary moves