North Laurel 5 Ryle 0

Ram

Allow me to pose an ignorant question. Are these the two teams with all the debate over who will be Miss Softball?

Yes. North had several opportunities in the early innings, but could not push a run across. Ryle only had 1 or 2 runners get past 2nd base. It was a tie 0-0 score until the 6th inning. Abby Sears led off the inning for North with a double to right center. Megan Taylor ripped an RBI triple to right center to put North up 1-0. At that point, the wheels seemed to fall off for Ryle. North scored all 5 of their runs in the 6th inning.

I agree with you on this. A pitcher can only take you so far in any game/tournament.

I believe that Allen pitched every inning of every game, including the extra inning games (14 against Ballard). She is a true competitor. She pitched 21 innings in 2 games on Friday in the heat, then came back and pitched a ton more innings on Saturday. She also lost to some very solid hitting teams. She will probably win Miss Softball. As long as it is either Allen, Sears or Riley (who all performed solidly in the state tournament), it would be hard to argue against any of them. Big players make big plays in big games. All 3 of these young ladies did this all season and all weekend!

I believe that Allen pitched every inning of every game, including the extra inning games (14 against Ballard). She is a true competitor. She pitched 21 innings in 2 games on Friday in the heat, then came back and pitched a ton more innings on Saturday. She also lost to some very solid hitting teams. She will probably win Miss Softball. As long as it is either Allen, Sears or Riley (who all performed solidly in the state tournament), it would be hard to argue against any of them. Big players make big plays in big games. All 3 of these young ladies did this all season and all weekend!

Did the other teams throw multiple pitchers or did they all go with their ace?

Did the other teams throw multiple pitchers or did they all go with their ace?

I believe the top 3 teams, Greenwood, North Laurel and Owensboro Catholic all threw multiple pitchers in the tournament to try to keep their aces fresh when they could. O'Cath used at least 2 pitchers, North Laurel used 3, and I think Greenwood used 2. However, Greenwood was able to get breaks between games by never losing.