John Maronde selected in 43rd round

I thought this kids' name was Nick. Anyway, if its the kid that threw cheese at NCC the other day and has been clocked in the 90's he has a great future ahead of him. Like I said about Farris though, this kid should go to Florida and get the education and try to get drafted in a higher round later.

It should be Nick, and I've talked to a few people about this kid, he was a 1st-2nd rounder most of the year so I guess something happened recently to drop him because this kid is the real deal. I am assuming he must have told scouts he planned on college a few years and that caused some clubs to back off on him.

It should be Nick, and I've talked to a few people about this kid, he was a 1st-2nd rounder most of the year so I guess something happened recently to drop him because this kid is the real deal. I am assuming he must have told scouts he planned on college a few years and that caused some clubs to back off on him.

This has to be it because I watched him throw a few times this year and he is first or second round talent.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I heard the reason he was selected later is because he was asking for an awful lot of money. I heard somewhere in the range of 1.8 Million so teams did not want to draft him. But maybe Im wrong. I hope I am because that would be a shame for someone with his talent to be drafted later because of his attitude about the money already.

I heard the reason he was selected later is because he was asking for an awful lot of money. I heard somewhere in the range of 1.8 Million so teams did not want to draft him. But maybe Im wrong. I hope I am because that would be a shame for someone with his talent to be drafted later because of his attitude about the money already.

Not sure, not close enough to the family to know anything about that. However, I had heard from people that the parents had wanted him to attend college. Knowing people around the family, I can't see them making huge claims already unless it was only as a way of saying this is the only way I can be talked out of attending college.

Why is asking for $1.8M a problem with attitude?

Why is asking for $1.8M a problem with attitude?

Not too many 43rd round picks will sign for 1.8 million. I saw him throw several years ago and thought then that he was the real deal and had a bright future. Nothing I have seen since has convinced me otherwise. I am not sure why he would drop so far in the draft.

Not too many 43rd round picks will sign for 1.8 million. I saw him throw several years ago and thought then that he was the real deal and had a bright future. Nothing I have seen since has convinced me otherwise. I am not sure why he would drop so far in the draft.

By all accounts, he's not a 43rd rounder. He let it be known that it was going to take a lot of cash to sign him and he dropped. I fail to see why asking for $1.8M is a problem if you're a top pitcher.