bdot.gif - bdot.gif
bdot.gif bdot.gif bdot.gif
Beechwood - bdot.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and there are those on BGP's that doubt Theoldguy's ability to see into the future? :lol::lol:

Now that we know all the District Champions and Runner-ups, what is your take on the draw, and what early match-up would get you out to the ball park to see it being played on Monday?

I would love to see this draw.

Upper Bracket

CovCath 35th Champion

vs.

St. Henry 33rd Runner-up

NCC 36th Champion

vs.

Lloyd 34th Runner-up

Lower Bracket

Boone County 33rd District Champion

vs.

Beechwood 35th District Runner-up

Dixie 34th District Champion

vs.

Highlands 36th District Runner-up

Yea I know, but I can dream.....thumb[1].gifbiggrin.gif

I know, I know, I got the NCC vs. Lloyd in the wrong bracket! :D

Does anybody have the St. Henry Roster. I have the other seven teams rosters from Cincinnati.com and or their HS web site, but I can't for the life of me find one for St. Henry. How about some help from some St. Henry fans please...

I'll go with CCH and Dixie on one side

NCC and Boone on the other side.

CCH (if Nicholes doesn't pitch) and Boone in the finals.

Going out on a limb here and picking this year as Boone's year, they have better hitters.

Not knowing anything about baseball:rolleyes:, I will say CCH vs Dixie in the upper bracket and NCC vs Beechwood in the lower w/a rematch of CCH/BHS in the finals.

My big prediction will be Elliott does not start against Boone. They have a pitcher w/alot of rest who I believe will start and if he gets in trouble, then maybe Smith, big trouble then Elliott.

Boone is the hot hitting team right now but just in the last week. BHS will score and w/a little pitching(no walks) they will win.:thumb:

Not knowing anything about baseball:rolleyes:, I will say CCH vs Dixie in the upper bracket and NCC vs Beechwood in the lower w/a rematch of CCH/BHS in the finals.

My big prediction will be Elliott does not start against Boone. They have a pitcher w/alot of rest who I believe will start and if he gets in trouble, then maybe Smith, big trouble then Elliott.

Boone is the hot hitting team right now but just in the last week. BHS will score and w/a little pitching(no walks) they will win.:thumb:

Smith is good enough to keep Boone under 5 runs. The rest is up to Beechwoods offense. Boone tends not to make as many errors when they dont score alot or at least they didnt against the Camels.

Be careful my friend, you don't play on Tuesday if you don't win on Monday, and Boone is a team that can and does hit very, very well. Sending in a Freshmen to do battle against a very tough hitting team in a setting like Champion Window Field with the huge crowd that I think will be there to watch, is going to be tough on a him (if I am correct in whom you are thinking about). If you really think that he can beat Boone, then go for it, but this team isn't the Newport Wildcats that you faced last year in the first round of the Ninth. Boone is without a doubt (IMO) the third best team in this Region, and if indeed their pitching is on, could take the trophy home..

I do not think he is referring to a freshman,a junior maybe .........

My friend sent me a PM and he told me who he was thinking of....

I still think it will be Cody.

As I have said before you have to win on Monday to play on Tuesday, and with the weather forecast changing for Monday/Tuesday, if "B" gets lucky, maybe the weather will make the second round games be played on Thursday and not Tuesday or Wednesday.

Memorial Day: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Southwest wind between 9 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Monday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 64. West wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

I like BHS over Boone IF they pitch Elliott. And for the life of me, I can't figure why they wouldn't. Boone is not exactly the type of team you try to "sneak" past with less than your #1. They are a good hitting team and have been very hot as of late. BHS would feel pretty stupid if they were eliminated from region not having thrown Elliott. I am going to guess Boone will throw Houlehan. Krohman was pretty wild when he threw against Ryle. Ryle simply didn't take advantage of the free passes. I don't think Boone can afford to put on many BHS guys via walks and Houlehan seems to have better control.

Covington Catholic -
bdot.gif bdot.gif

May 26, 10:00 AM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif -
St. Henry - bdot.gif bdot.gif

May 27, 5:30 PM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif -
Dixie Heights - bdot.gif bdot.gif
bdot.gif bdot.gif bdot.gif bdot.gif

May 26, 12:00 PM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif - bdot.gif bdot.gif
Highlands - bdot.gif bdot.gif

May 28, 7:00 PM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif
bdot.gif
Newport Central Catholic - bdot.gif

May 26, 3:00 PM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif - bdot.gif
Lloyd Memorial - bdot.gif bdot.gif bdot.gif

May 27, 8:00 PM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif - bdot.gif
Boone County - bdot.gif

May 26, 5:30 PM
at Champion Window

bdot.gif - bdot.gif
Beechwood - bdot.gif

The winner of this region should be absolutely exhausted after this. So many good teams in one region, it seems a shame that only 1 team advances. Good Luck in the state semi's to whoever advances. Make NKY proud.

I was just thinking, with the Ninth Region Basketball Tournament moving to "The Bank of Kentucky Center" and the Ninth Region Baseball Tournament being played again at "Champion Window Field" we in the Ninth Region have without a doubt the best venues in the Country to play our High School Tournaments at.

Thank you NKU and the Bank of Kentucky, and to you also Florence Freedom and the Champion Window Field, for allowing our Kids to play and for us to watch some great High Sport contest at your venues!

If you can, it would be nice to send a E-mail of thanks or better yet to buy a ticket to a Freedom game.

Mr. Clint Brown Clint.Brown@florencefreedom.com

Beechwood will not throw Elliott against Boone, I can promise you that. 100% gaurantee. Beechwood is the better team and I wouldn't be suprised to see Snyder, Hadden, and Larimore split this game 2 or 3 innings a piece. If I'm Beechwood's coach Ii throw those 3 monday, Smith Tuesday, and have Hadden and Snyder in relief for Ellliott on Wed. But they have to get there first.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Beechwood will not throw Elliott against Boone, i can promise you that. 100% gaurantee. Beechwood is the better team and i wouldn't be suprised to see Snyder, Hadden, and Larimore split this game 2 or 3 innings a piece. If im Beechwood's coach i throw those 3 monday, Smith tuesday, and have Hadden and Snyder in relief for Ellliott on Wed. But they have to get there first.

I agree. I do not see them throwing Elliot unless they are down 2 or 3 runs.