7th Region Tourney

TigerX

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know X drew Ballard on Tuesday at 3:15 and Eastern has Whitefield Academy. Can anyone update me on the other side of the bracket and what days the 7th region tourney is going on?

Top Half

Eastern vs. Whitefield

ST. X vs. Ballard

Lower Half

Trinity vs. Manual

Fern Creek vs. CAL

I look for a St. X vs. Trinity Championship. Should be another great game. Could get crazy though because each team will have to have used top pitchers to get there.

Top Half

Eastern vs. Whitefield

ST. X vs. Ballard

Lower Half

Trinity vs. Manual

Fern Creek vs. CAL

I look for a St. X vs. Trinity Championship. Should be another great game. Could get crazy though because each team will have to have used top pitchers to get there.

Don't underestimate Manual. Real tough baseball team.

Trinity has a cake walk

Eastern will have Dunaway ready for Ballard or St. X

Ballard or X will throw # 2 or #3 vs. Eastern

Trinity can save #1 for Regional final

Anything can happen but on paper advantage Trinity.:irked:

Trinity won't have a cake walk, Manual is a very good baseball team that can beat anybody in this region especially with a one-game elimination anything can happen. Fern Creek will have to make a decision on whether to pitch Burkett against CAL or try to escape with pitching Williams and saving Burkett for Trinity. I don't know if you remember Burkett shut down X to only 1 run in the game. Ballard/X should be a classic and Eastern of course got the lucky draw with playing Whitefield and being able to save their top 3 for the rest of the tourney. It will be interesting to see how it turns out it should be an exciting week of baseball at Jim Patterson.

Don't underestimate Manual a bit. They have whipped X once and came 1 inning away from doing it again. X has beaten everyone in the tourney except for Trinity. With that said and it being one game elimination, I would not be surprised if X, Ballard, or Eastern sees Manual in the 7th region title game. Fern Creek could also be a dark horse team if they play good baseball. I am not saying they are the favorite to win the tourney by anymeans, but they could make it a rough last week of May for some teams. People are going to say different teams are the favorite based on paper.

But this is baseball, one game elimination and everyone is fighting to survive. I wouldn't look past anyone. This will be an extremely exciting week of baseball with arguably 5 of the best teams in the state battling it out.

Look for the team that comes out of the 7th region tournament alive to make a big run towards Applebees.

Trinity vs Eastern final. Yes, Manual will give a good game against Trinity, but experience will overcome. The Rocks have seen good pitchers this year and will not be afraid of Manuals sophomore pitcher. Same story as for the Creekers. On the other side, Eastern will have something to prove against X or Ballard.

I'll go with the Creekers.

Alabama Larry, I don't know how sincere you were but let me throw out a scenario. Trinity and Manual battle and throw either 1 or #2 against each other. The Ballard/X eastern game is before Fern Creek/Manual/Trinity game and the winner decides to keep the best pitcher back for the regional final.

So Manual/Trinity number 3 goes against Burkett, Fern Creek's number 1.

Manual/Trinity gets surprised by the creekers. Now Fern Creek may not have much left for Ballard Eastern X in the final but it could play out that way.

Alabama Larry, I don't know how sincere you were but let me throw out a scenario. Trinity and Manual battle and throw either 1 or #2 against each other. The Ballard/X eastern game is before Fern Creek/Manual/Trinity game and the winner decides to keep the best pitcher back for the regional final.

So Manual/Trinity number 3 goes against Burkett, Fern Creek's number 1.

Manual/Trinity gets surprised by the creekers. Now Fern Creek may not have much left for Ballard Eastern X in the final but it could play out that way.

Trinity top 3 pitchers will share time on the mound the first two games in order to be able to pitch in game 3 IMHO. That's if they win the first two games. I just hope T plays X in the final.....give X another chance to lose again to the Rocks.

Ref, You got to throw "No Hit Burkett" and worry about the next day.

Their D has to step up, they are giving up to many extra outs.

They will hit the ball.

Their junior lefty has a couple of two hit complete games, but they may pitch their Seniors.