7th Region Tourney

Not so sure T will save a their top gun until a deeper round...they just had a younger pitcher throw a complete game on Thursday. This could be an interesting tourney for T.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7th region is still very much open. Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Manual, and St. X have the best shot at winning it, yet Fern Creek could be a spoiler. If Trinity beats Manual--and that is "if"--they could be in good shape for the final. If Manual wins, do they have enough depth for the final? St. X and Ballard have the toughest draw. St. X can win it if they take one game at a time. They are hitting the ball well, playing good defense, and have enough depth at pitching. But Ballard can beat anybody in it if they play well. I am sure that game with St. X will be a barn burner. Eastern has the talent to win it, but they have yet to show recently that they can do it at tournament time. All said and done, a little luck doesn't hurt. It may be the team that gets the timely hit or a lucky bounce that ends up winning it. The 7th region is one of the toughest. I am sure that everyone in it wants to win it. Unfortunately, only one of these will survive.

The 7th region is still very much open. Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Manual, and St. X have the best shot at winning it, yet Fern Creek could be a spoiler. If Trinity beats Manual--and that is "if"--they could be in good shape for the final. If Manual wins, do they have enough depth for the final? St. X and Ballard have the toughest draw. St. X can win it if they take one game at a time. They are hitting the ball well, playing good defense, and have enough depth at pitching. But Ballard can beat anybody in it if they play well. I am sure that game with St. X will be a barn burner. Eastern has the talent to win it, but they have yet to show recently that they can do it at tournament time. All said and done, a little luck doesn't hurt. It may be the team that gets the timely hit or a lucky bounce that ends up winning it. The 7th region is one of the toughest. I am sure that everyone in it wants to win it. Unfortunately, only one of these will survive.

Couldn't agree more, as much as I would like to see X win, this region is wide open. Should be a great week of baseball.

Not so sure T will save a their top gun until a deeper round...they just had a younger pitcher throw a complete game on Thursday. This could be an interesting tourney for T.

They got the best draw by far.

^^Manual is an extremely capable team...don't see any 'easy' games in this tourney....

Eastern/Whitefield should be a laugher (maybe not 28-0 like in the 6th but lopsided none the less). Otherwise you are correct, it should be a very competative tournament with a legitimate chance of a first round surprise or 2.

Fern Creek had some chances to win this one. I take nothing away from CAL they hit the ball well and made the plays that needed to be made to win. FC had a couple mistakes on the base paths and had some miscues in the field that allowed CAL to come back.

Exciting ballgame, lots of hitting.

Trinity has a cake walk

Eastern will have Dunaway ready for Ballard or St. X

Ballard or X will throw # 2 or #3 vs. Eastern

Trinity can save #1 for Regional final

Anything can happen but on paper advantage Trinity.:irked:

Cake walk anymore?

CAL vs X finals