Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

15U State Champions - Lexington ICE

Featured Replies

The Lexington ICE won the 15U State Championship today at KBA. They defeated Shining Stars (Pittman) 72 - 55 in the finals. They have now won the state AAU, 2 of the last 3 years.

 

Brandon Wilder and Ryan Fucci combined for 56 of the 72 points for the ICE.

 

Players

======

 

Ryan Fucci (Tates Creek)

Brandon Wilder (Henry Clay)

Daniel Kiesling (Henry Clay)

Tanner Shotwell (Scott Co)

Taylor Barnett (LCA)

Carter Helton (LCA)

Taylor Martin (LexCath)

Daniel Deluca (LexCath)

Travis Purvis (Clark Co)

 

Coach - Richard Grier

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Lexington ICE....

 

Saw parts of several of the ICE games this weekend. They are really the essence of "Team Basketball". Very smart and play well together. Excellent passing and defensive anticipation.

 

The Shining Stars (Pittman) is a loaded 15U team. I expected them to beat the ICE by double digits. And actually they were up 10-12 in the 2nd period. But ICE came back strong in the 3rd and 4th periods.

 

Two of the kids from the ICE (Fucci and Wilder) were unstoppable in the 2nd half. I think they may have scored all the 2nd half points.

 

Schuette (pronounced "shootie" - appropriate name) and Gilbert are fantastic 3 point shooters. Schuette is also very good defensively.

 

Shining Stars coach got 2 technicals late and got tossed. Turned a 6 point lead for the ICE into a 12 point lead. But to balance things out, the ICE got 2 technicals in the first half. (KBA does need to improve the skill of their officiating crews)

 

Several of the players on the ICE (Wilder, Fucci, Shotwell, Deluca, Martin) and Shining Stars (Pawsett, Schuette, Gilbert, Barber, King twins) will be players to watch in high school the next 3 years.

 

Good state tournament in all the age groups this weekend.

Brandon Wilder is going to be a very good player. He is a very good defender and can score, and he is going to be a major contributer as a Sophomore on Henry Clay this year.

Ryan Fucci was the player that really made the difference. He can do it all and at times ,did it all. A very nice all around player. By far the best in the 15 U tournament.

Ryan Fucci was the player that really made the difference. He can do it all and at times ,did it all. A very nice all around player. By far the best in the 15 U tournament.

 

Agree with d-dawg. I watched Ice one game and really liked the way Fucci plays the game.

Ryan Fucci was the player that really made the difference. He can do it all and at times ,did it all. A very nice all around player. By far the best in the 15 U tournament.

 

I heard he had 31, 41 and 31 points in the last 3 games of the tournament. I'd say he's was the best player in it this weekend. Very mature for a 15 year old.

I heard he had 31, 41 and 31 points in the last 3 games of the tournament. I'd say he's was the best player in it this weekend. Very mature for a 15 year old.

 

That is impressive. Curious whether he was held back a year. Is he really 15, or 16?

Congratz to the ICE, as far as the game.....unfortunatley the Shining Stars coach ruined it for his own team..they were in the running until he went bezerk. I do admit the officals were not the greatest but is yelling at them going to make them better?

Congratz to the ICE, as far as the game.....unfortunatley the Shining Stars coach ruined it for his own team..they were in the running until he went bezerk. I do admit the officals were not the greatest but is yelling at them going to make them better?

 

Jerry Mulberty needs a copy of this post!:banana:

Jerry Mulberty needs a copy of this post!:banana:

 

Funny Guy, but agreed that arm chair coaching is alot eaiser than coaching the game, I may have been escorted out by the police if confronted with the same situation. In this situation it is simply the pot calling the kettle black :jump:

Congratz to the ICE, as far as the game.....unfortunatley the Shining Stars coach ruined it for his own team..they were in the running until he went bezerk. I do admit the officals were not the greatest but is yelling at them going to make them better?

 

In the short time I was there I seen a ton of people acting crazy and setting an awful example for kids. Coaches and parents alike were acting crazy. I was glad to see refs start throwing parents and coaches out.

That is impressive. Curious whether he was held back a year. Is he really 15, or 16?

 

From what I understand, the foul ratio was 20-4 in favor of Ice. I can see how the Shining Stars coach would be frustrated.

There is a clear difference between being frustrated and being escorted out of the KBA by the cops! Anger Managment Classes???

There is a clear difference between being frustrated and being escorted out of the KBA by the cops! Anger Managment Classes???

 

Yes, a big enough reaction to cause an ejection, but I saw it, and the cop was unnecessary. If the foul ratio I heard was correct, I don't understand how two pretty evenly matched teams could have such a wide disparity in fouls. Hopefully no home cooking was going on.

That ref did have that "It's all about me aura"....He gave the ICE coach a T when he was sitting down and told him he had two subs that needed to go in???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.