Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Throwing at batters.

Featured Replies

Would not "between the numbers" count as "upper body"? ;):lol:

 

I guess that's why he call himself Colonel Crazy, Coop....:lol:

  • Replies 102
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...I understand that some will think it's OK and some (like me) won't as it relates to amateur (HS) baseball. But, to extrapolate my argument further, if NCAA does it, then varsity HS thinks they need to in order to emulate the players on the next step up. Same goes for JV, then middle school, etc. You can't just say it's OK for the higher level (varsity HS) and not for younger players. I still believe that it is something unique to the pro game (and all of its levels). In the pros,the level of skill in "plunking" is also more likely to result in the desired message and not a catestrophic injury. If the plunking occurs, HS kids have been known to charge the mound and fight (just like the pros). Or curse when they're hit, which is an ejection offense in HS ball. I think the amateur/pro baseball distinction should be acknowleged, but I realize that a lot of the posters on here don't see it that way..

 

Can you say that this is becoming a just a little redundant here.

 

Moderator, move that bus!! OH Sorry!!!

 

Moderator, please close this thread!!!!:walk::walk::walk::walk:

Can you say that this is becoming a just a little redundant here.

 

Moderator, move that bus!! OH Sorry!!!

 

Moderator, please close this thread!!!!:walk::walk::walk::walk:

 

Counter argument, Humpy??? If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...:flame:

I have a problem if my pitcher intentionally gives a baserunner a free base. Mental midgets can go play elsewhere...

Counter argument, Humpy??? If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...:flame:

 

Humpy live in the kitchen:ylsuper:

 

Hey Umpy was that you in the movie Rain Man?

 

 

Dont throw at the batter. Dont throw at the batter. Dont throw at the batter.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Humpy live in the kitchen:ylsuper:

 

Hey Umpy was that you in the movie Rain Man?

 

 

Dont throw at the batter. Dont throw at the batter. Dont throw at the batter.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

 

 

I'll give you this....at least you've got a sense of humor...if nothing else.. maybe there's a future for you yet..as a comedian..:rolleyes:

At the high school level, if a kid does something that justifies him being thrown at, he should never even have another at bat in that same game. The coach should pull him and explain to him why, whether it be for his actions or his own protection. I realize everybody's opionion of what "justifies" being thrown at is different, but I think a lot of kids getting hit can be prevented by coaches stepping in and providing more discipline.

 

Now if it is a coach vs. coach conflict, address it after the game. Don't require the kids to do your "dirty work". I realize there are unwritten rules in this game, but I for one know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I injured a kid just because I was mad at his coach.

At the high school level, if a kid does something that justifies him being thrown at, he should never even have another at bat in that same game. The coach should pull him and explain to him why, whether it be for his actions or his own protection. I realize everybody's opionion of what "justifies" being thrown at is different, but I think a lot of kids getting hit can be prevented by coaches stepping in and providing more discipline.

 

Now if it is a coach vs. coach conflict, address it after the game. Don't require the kids to do your "dirty work". I realize there are unwritten rules in this game, but I for one know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I injured a kid just because I was mad at his coach.

 

:thumb:

 

Well said.

Tonights game when our #3 hitter came up to bat after hitting 2 HR's the first 2 times at bat off the same pitcher, I said if I was pitching,there is no way he's gonna hit another. The first pitch plunked him. After coming around to score he said ( I knew that was coming) and that was it. If I was pitching I would have done the same thing. If I was hitting , I would have expected getting HBP.

Tonights game when our #3 hitter came up to bat after hitting 2 HR's the first 2 times at bat off the same pitcher, I said if I was pitching,there is no way he's gonna hit another. The first pitch plunked him. After coming around to score he said ( I knew that was coming) and that was it. If I was pitching I would have done the same thing. If I was hitting , I would have expected getting HBP.

 

Ah, the good ol' days when everybody understood that was just part of the game and not cause to fight

Why not tell the ump you want to intentionally walk him?

 

What if charged the mound? Then you have a mess on your hands.

 

Beaning a batter because he hit two homeruns is uncalled for.

 

If the batter struck out his first two times at bat would it be ok for him to throw his bat at the pitcher the next time up?

  • Author
At the high school level, if a kid does something that justifies him being thrown at, he should never even have another at bat in that same game. The coach should pull him and explain to him why, whether it be for his actions or his own protection. I realize everybody's opionion of what "justifies" being thrown at is different, but I think a lot of kids getting hit can be prevented by coaches stepping in and providing more discipline.

 

Now if it is a coach vs. coach conflict, address it after the game. Don't require the kids to do your "dirty work". I realize there are unwritten rules in this game, but I for one know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I injured a kid just because I was mad at his coach.

 

Your issue is that a lot of coaches won't step in. If the coach is as big of a jerk as the kids how can you expect him to step in and say something. Otherwise chances are he wouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Why not tell the ump you want to intentionally walk him?

 

What if charged the mound? Then you have a mess on your hands.

 

Beaning a batter because he hit two homeruns is uncalled for.

 

If the batter struck out his first two times at bat would it be ok for him to throw his bat at the pitcher the next time up?

Any smart coach would not let a kid have the chance at striking out 3 times.
Why not tell the ump you want to intentionally walk him?

 

What if charged the mound? Then you have a mess on your hands.

 

Beaning a batter because he hit two homeruns is uncalled for.

 

If the batter struck out his first two times at bat would it be ok for him to throw his bat at the pitcher the next time up?

 

Good point. :thumb:

Any smart coach would not let a kid have the chance at striking out 3 times.

 

What??? A batter strikes out twice and would never be allowed a third AB? Adam Dunn would be pulled in half the games he played if his coach took this stance. :lol: It's called learning from your mistakes/redemption. Certainly there are times when you would pull a kid in this situation, but it isn't something I'd set in stone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.