May 5, 200818 yr From my understanding, Jones was recruited by Gillispie, however, he never received a scholarship offer.
May 5, 200818 yr Author Its not really an attempt when you're just telling the truth. If that's what you believe, good for you.
May 5, 200818 yr You do realize its not nearly as bad as you think. There are now 7 Scholarship players that will be there plus 2 recruited walk ons. There will not be unlimited playing time. If there is only 7 scholarship players and with the influx of guards that IU has lost, I would think Jones will be looking at some substantial minutes at IU.
May 5, 200818 yr Author From my understanding, Jones was recruited by Gillispie, however, he never received a scholarship offer.Really????:sssh: "Kentucky just offered me a scholarship," said Jones. "I am very excited about the scholarship offer and feel great that Kentucky decided to offer me. It's something that I wasn't expecting to happen. I am probably going to make a decision before the season starts.
May 5, 200818 yr You do realize its not nearly as bad as you think. There are now 7 Scholarship players that will be there plus 2 recruited walk ons. There will not be unlimited playing time. You do also realize that the odds of IU having a winning record, IMO, looking at who they have, is not that great. They don't have any real impact recruits coming in at this point. I don't think Brett Finkeimeier, Tom Pritchard, and Matt Roth are really going to be able to get it done for IU next year.
May 5, 200818 yr Author You do also realize that the odds of IU having a winning record, IMO, looking at who they have, is not that great. They don't have any real impact recruits coming in at this point. I don't think Brett Finkeimeier, Tom Pritchard, and Matt Roth are really going to be able to get it done for IU next year. Very aware. :thumb:
May 5, 200818 yr If that's what you believe, good for you. Then why don't you inform us earthlings what it says about BCG?
May 5, 200818 yr Author Then why don't you inform us earthlings what it says about BCG? Its just another example of when the kid was rummored to be leaning to UK he was a good player. Now that he's not, whatever the reason, he's a project and Gillispie is a MASTER recruiter for not taking him. Happens every single time. My only point is, if Gillispie was recruiting him for over a year he can't be that bad.
May 5, 200818 yr Whether Gillispie pulled the offer or not he still recruited him pretty hard, so if he's that bad, what does that say about Gillispie? From everything I've read he has always been much more interested in UK than UK was in him. Not sure how hard Coach G. recruited him, but their is no denying he was interested at some point.
May 5, 200818 yr Its just another example of when the kid was rummored to be leaning to UK he was a good player. Now that he's not, whatever the reason, he's a project and Gillispie is a MASTER recruiter for not taking him. Happens every single time. My only point is, if Gillispie was recruiting him for over a year he can't be that bad. Ive never seen him play, but judging by his rankings hes a pretty good player, but appears to not be a top notch player, I could be wrong. I for one never really wanted him that bad. IU can have him.
May 5, 200818 yr Author Ive never seen him play, but judging by his rankings hes a pretty good player, but appears to not be a top notch player, I could be wrong. I for one never really wanted him that bad. IU can have him. At this point I'll take him! :lol:
May 5, 200818 yr If he wanst PT he will go to Indiana.... he will be guaranteed to play the entire game since they only have a total of 5 players right now HAHA
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.