May 2, 200818 yr I am moved by this whole ordeal. God is watching out for Chris. I wish him and his family all the best. What's that saying about UK?? Most likely, the only reason this was kept under wraps so well is because the people who knew about this had enough (and I will use mcpapa's word) "CLASS" to keep it quiet, I'm sure at the request of Chris and his parents. When you think of all the people who were involved in his medical treatment or had access to his records...it shows the respect they all had to honor his request. Any of those people could have went to the press with a big scoop and didn't. Anyway, your comment is a great compliment fot UT. Yet another arguement for how Chris was better off playing for Tenn and not Kentucky. Yeah,anyone with access could have gave a big scoop,but they would have lost their job and probably been prosecuted for breaking the law.Better to keep you're mouth shut and not get in trouble.
May 2, 200818 yr Unnecessary. Back to the original topic. I've never liked Lofton just because of the constant harping the media does on the whole "not recruited to UK" thing. However, after reading this, it's easy to put little issues like that aside and take a bigger look at things. Congrats, CLo. I can't imagine what that was/is like. I disagree. I feel it is a compliment to UT and a dig at UK, and you wont see me handing those out. I know you wanted to say the politically correct thing and call me out, but its just not the case. Read below. I am moved by this whole ordeal. God is watching out for Chris. I wish him and his family all the best. What's that saying about UK?? Most likely, the only reason this was kept under wraps so well is because the people who knew about this had enough (and I will use mcpapa's word) "CLASS" to keep it quiet, I'm sure at the request of Chris and his parents. When you think of all the people who were involved in his medical treatment or had access to his records...it shows the respect they all had to honor his request. Any of those people could have went to the press with a big scoop and didn't. Anyway, your comment is a great compliment fot UT. Yet another arguement for how Chris was better off playing for Tenn and not Kentucky.
May 2, 200818 yr Everyone talking about the heart Chris has had and will likely always have. Heart of a champion, just represents everything that is right about a college athlete or an athlete at any level. To lighten things up, reading this thread, I'm reminded of this great scene from a movie I'm sure a few of us have seen a couple times. :thumb: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zNJTDt9d6Kk
May 2, 200818 yr Great story. All the luck to Lofton in the future. I don't want to turn this into a UK thread, but if something like this happened to a player in Lexington, there is no way it would be able to be kept under wraps like it was in Knoxville. If I'm not mistaken the type of surgery that Sheray Thomas had was kept under wraps.
May 2, 200818 yr I've always had a lot of respect for Lofton, and what he has accomplished. He's always been a class act, and I'm glad he was able to overcome cancer. :thumb:
May 3, 200818 yr If I'm not mistaken the type of surgery that Sheray Thomas had was kept under wraps. While true, it was known that he did have a surgery at the time. We never even knew Lofton was sick.
May 7, 200818 yr Absolutely amazing that Chris and his family were able to keep this under wraps. Really shows the strength of all of them to deal with this in such a selfless way. Very typical of Chris to think of the team first, even under such circumstances. What a role model for young people that Chris provides and what a great job of parenting by the Loftons. Forget the athletic talent, our world needs more young men like Chris.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.