Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 5 St. X 2

Featured Replies

Park,

 

I know that Brinkman has been pushed extremely hard by the trainers and has undergone extensive rehab in the past few weeks. According to most of the parents, Brinkman was worked harder in Alabama than the team was at certain points. They understand that he is a crucial player to the Tiger line-up, as well as a key defender in left. They are working very hard to get Brinkman back in the line-up as soon as possible, but still keeping his health in mind as well.

 

As far as other injuries yesterday, I know the SS Ryan Cline has been nursing a groin injury that was suffered earlier in the season. Apparently he re-aggravated it yesterday when diving for a ball up the middle and someone told me that his feet flew out from under him on the wet outfield grass that did not help the situation. Cline is one of the quiet seniors on this team that no one hears a lot about. He is a solid contact hitter in the middle of the line-up and according to the official book and stats he is batting somewhere around .480 on the season. Doesn't hit for a lot of power, but hits line drives and finds the holes in the defense; as well as also being a solid defensive player.

 

Hopefully, here in the next couple of weeks the Tigers can get the whole line-up healthy and get all their starting seniors back on the field so that they can make a good run a the end of the year.

 

Good Luck, Go Tigers! :thumb::thumb:

I understand there were 7 Seniors sitting on the bench for the Tigers and some of the Xavier faithful are not happy about it. JJ has the support of the school president (his personal choice for the position). I do understand the Tigers did not throw their ace yesterday. Stephan is the Rocks best. Trinity should not get the big head, defeating Dunbar (#4)and St. X (#3) on consecutive days as the Carroll County loss during Spring Break cannot be erased. 7th Region remains one of the tougher tournies to win.

 

The "Xavier faithful" are no different than the faithful at other schools. I imagine there might be a junior or senior parent at Trinity who has taken notice of two sophmores in the starting lineup and a third, Littrell, who is getting an opportunity to pitch(and doing that very well from what I hear) and play some first base. No parent enjoys watching their kid sit the bench. Coaches can never make everyone happy.

I think what Coach Tompkins has come to realize, and what Coach J is coming to realize, is that the level of competition at the Frosh and JV level is for the most part so weak that good ballplayers gain very little in their skill development from playing that caliber of baseball. Good players usually play up to their competition and the opposite is also true, they play down. I wouldn't be surprised if X has an underclassmen or two see varsity action in the near future.

TigerX,

Thanks for the info. I've been impressed with Cline's stick and glove the few games I've seen. I hope he and Brinkman get well soon. Huge game against Male this week, Go Tigers!!

I understand there were 7 Seniors sitting on the bench for the Tigers and some of the Xavier faithful are not happy about it. JJ has the support of the school president (his personal choice for the position). I do understand the Tigers did not throw their ace yesterday. Stephan is the Rocks best. Trinity should not get the big head, defeating Dunbar (#4)and St. X (#3) on consecutive days as the Carroll County loss during Spring Break cannot be erased. 7th Region remains one of the tougher tournies to win.

 

Grade level seems to be often a point of discussion. When is the last time that St. X has won a state baseball championship? Has Trinity won a state championship? Maybe a shift to a love and learning of the game of baseball might offer different results?

Grade level seems to be often a point of discussion. When is the last time that St. X has won a state baseball championship? Has Trinity won a state championship? Maybe a shift to a love and learning of the game of baseball might offer different results?

 

The Rocks have never won it all but have come close, losing in the finals in '83 & once earlier this decade. X last won it in '81, I believe.

The Rocks have never won it all but have come close, losing in the finals in '83 & once earlier this decade. X last won it in '81, I believe.

 

You are dead on point. It was 1981.

 

According to KHSAA St. X is #3 on the all-time win list for baseball State Titles at five (5) 1942, 1945, 1949, 1951, 1981

 

For the complete list:

CLICK HERE:

http://www.khsaa.org/records/baseball/baseball.pdf

According to the radio broadcasters during the X/Trinity game, other than X winning in '81, Manual is the only previous team to win the state championship from the 7th region. I think they did so in 1962.

Manual has six titles, the last in '62 and Male won in '43.

The Rocks have never won it all but have come close, losing in the finals in '83 & once earlier this decade. X last won it in '81, I believe.

 

If my memory serves me right, in the Championship game, Trinity had a one run lead in the 7th inning against Owensboro, with 2 outs and 1 out away from their first ever state championship in baseball. The batter popped up to the third baseman in foul territory, (yet a routine, catchable ball) and the ball popped out of the glove of the third baseman. The third baseman had very clearly called off all other fielders and had to wait for the ball to drop...

The next batter for Owensboro, hits a 2 run shot over center field wall to win the game. I'm sure that is one many folks want to forget.

If my memory serves me right, in the Championship game, Trinity had a one run lead in the 7th inning against Owensboro, with 2 outs and 1 out away from their first ever state championship in baseball. The batter popped up to the third baseman in foul territory, (yet a routine, catchable ball) and the ball popped out of the glove of the third baseman. The third baseman had very clearly called off all other fielders and had to wait for the ball to drop...

The next batter for Owensboro, hits a 2 run shot over center field wall to win the game. I'm sure that is one many folks want to forget.

 

That was my senior year & although I wasn't at the game that's pretty much how I heard it went down as well. I actually heard that he hot dogged it & that's why he dropped it. Oh, so close...

One split a finger before the game but still played, another tweaked a groin on Saturday and probably shouldn't played and it showed besides the starting left fielder and best hitter ( IMHO ) is still out with an ankle. No excuses-Trinity outplayed X and looked better in execution.

 

This almost sounds like a discussion you had back in September!

This almost sounds like a discussion you had back in September!

Fall Ball? or that other sport?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.