Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playoff Format

which do you prefer? 96 members have voted

  1. 1. which do you prefer?

    • Inter-distict playoff with the top four teams making the playoffs
      36%
    • Inter-district playoffs with the top two teams making the playoffs
      23%
    • intra-district playoffs with the top four teams making the playoffs
      25%
    • intra-district playoffs with the top two teams making the playoffs
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Which do you prefer?

I would like to see it go back to playing other districts in the early rounds .Travel cost are an issue ,but may help find the better teams make it further .

 

You take districts like NKY where Highlands and Cov Cath beat each other and in years past with Beechwood and NCC .The losers of these games could possibly win state on most years .This is only my opinion .

Now let's see if we all know the difference between inter and intra. Haha.

Now let's see if we all know the difference between inter and intra. Haha.

 

It would be a good idea to make the differences CRYSTAL CLEAR.

  • Author
Now let's see if we all know the difference between inter and intra. Haha.

 

It would be a good idea to make the differences CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Good point.

 

Inter - between two, one district versus a totally different district.

 

Intra - within, to stay within one district.

Good point.

 

Inter - between two, one district versus a totally different district.

 

Intra - within, to stay within one district.

 

Intra.

 

If you can't win your own district you don't deserve to move on.

 

Is your district too strong for you? --- switch districts.

Intra.

 

If you can't win your own district you don't deserve to move on.

 

Is your district too strong for you? --- switch districts.

I don't think it's an issue of not being able to win your own district, rather an issue of playing teams that in some cases, you've played only two weeks prior.

 

Most of the time it bears out anyway that the best team in the region advances.

rather an issue of playing teams that in some cases, you've played only two weeks prior.

 

And the philosophical problem with that is....? :confused:

 

 

 

 

Note: I'm not really interested in whether we "Like" or "Dislike" playing someone in those circumstances. I want to know if you think either team would be "Wronged" by playing someone in their district.

I voted wrong I meant to vote intra not inter. Ram, can you change my vote to intra 4 teams?

And the philosophical problem with that is....? :confused:

 

 

 

 

Note: I'm not really interested in whether we "Like" or "Dislike" playing someone in those circumstances. I want to know if you think either team would be "Wronged" by playing someone in their district.

I don't think they'd be wronged, but this is an issue of what you prefer. I don't think people prefer interdistrict because they believe it gives them a greater chance of winning, but prefer to see games that they didn't see only two weeks prior, and in many cases, teams that they otherwise would not see during the course of the year.

  • Author
I voted wrong I meant to vote intra not inter. Ram, can you change my vote to intra 4 teams?

Done.

Done.
Thanks man.:thumb:
  • Author
I don't think they'd be wronged, but this is an issue of what you prefer. I don't think people prefer interdistrict because they believe it gives them a greater chance of winning, but prefer to see games that they didn't see only two weeks prior, and in many cases, teams that they otherwise would not see during the course of the year.

That's the way I see it. How many number four teams beat the number one teams last year in the first round? I don't know the numbers, but I would say it was close to zero. I mean if a team is number four in their district, the chances of beating the number one team, who already beat them, is very small.

 

With playing other districts, you can have a really strong district that plays and possibly all four teams from that district would win. This gives all the teams a little hope in winning a playoff game, not just playing a team that may have beaten them already by a large number.

That's the way I see it. How many number four teams beat the number one teams last year in the first round? I don't know the numbers, but I would say it was close to zero.
It generally happens once or twice a year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.