Did Johnson Central add Shawnee to their schedule?

At one time, it was posted on here that Central wanted a return game but was rebuffed by Johnson Central. Now someone is saying it's the other way around.

From reading a previous thread I believe at this time last year they both were looking for a game. JC agreed to pay LC a lump some to come their last year with a gentlemens agreement that if both were unable to find a game that JC would return the trip. I am not sure if Scroggins was their yet or if he even has control over the schedule but someone dropped the ball in taking it for granted that JC was going to return the trip. They should have required the 2 year deal with a buyout clause even if it was just $100. That being said from my readings of the other thread LC didn't here from JC that they were not going to return the game until some time in March and at that time could not give the team that they had screatched LC for. The folks at JC should have let LC know that they had no intentions of returning the game shortly after they played or at the latest the week after they saw what they did to Belfry. Word is no one in the ville wants to play LC other than the 6A big boys so there is no way that I buy LC wanted to back out of a potential home game with a top 10 5A opponent. It's seems just as clear that JC would rather beat up on a Lou. Shawnee rather that take their chances with LC. Nothing against JC but I will be pulling for Shawnee.:argue:

It's apparent that Shawnee is replacing Wheelersburg on Johnson Central's schedule. The way that JC fans and those in the area were talking up Wheelersburg last year, it would appear that Shawnee is a step down.

Still no word on who is taking Central's place on the JC schedule?

• 5 weeks later...
It's apparent that Shawnee is replacing Wheelersburg on Johnson Central's schedule. The way that JC fans and those in the area were talking up Wheelersburg last year, it would appear that Shawnee is a step down.

Still no word on who is taking Central's place on the JC schedule?

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb08?id=27722

It appears by dates that Hazard has taken the place of Lou. Central. Not the caliber of Lou. Central, no question, but a small local power who has a lot of talent coming up this year. Also Breahitt Co. was added to this years schedule. The only date that appears to need filling is the Touchstone Energy Bowl, looking at dates that is all that I gather missing.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb08?id=27722

It appears by dates that Hazard has taken the place of Lou. Central. Not the caliber of Lou. Central, no question, but a small local power who has a lot of talent coming up this year. Also Breahitt Co. was added to this years schedule. The only date that appears to need filling is the Touchstone Energy Bowl, looking at dates that is all that I gather missing.

So that's two steps down ...

So that's two steps down ...

Breathitt/Wheelersburg (OH)= Wash

Hazard/South Point (OH)= Wash

Shawnee/Lou. Central= Major Drop

?/Conner= Remaining hole

If JC adds a top tier opponent in place of Conner I see it as being a wash. But, if they add anyone else then they definately downgraded their schedule.

Breathitt/Wheelersburg (OH)= Wash

Hazard/South Point (OH)= Wash

Shawnee/Lou. Central= Major Drop

?/Conner= Remaining hole

If JC adds a top tier opponent in place of Conner I see it as being a wash. But, if they add anyone else then they definately downgraded their schedule.

I was going by schedule slots:

South Point/Breathitt County ... definite upgrade

Central/Hazard ... definite downgrade

Wheelersburg/Shawnee ... definite downgrade

Conner/? ... remains to be seen