Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Keightley Court?

Featured Replies

It would be fitting for his corner to be named after him. He ruled the roost there for the 26 years Rupp has been open.

Obviously with it already being Cawood's court you cannot change the name. But I do believe something else should be done in his honor. Something else to ensure his legacy lives on.

Rupp Arena has been around for more than 26 years, hasn't it? I know it was open when Rupp died in the 1977-78 Championship year. Did it open in '76 or '77?

Obviously with it already being Cawood's court you cannot change the name. But I do believe something else should be done in his honor. Something else to ensure his legacy lives on.

 

:thumb: I agree, I am sure they will come up with something.

Maybe "Keightly's bench" or something referring to the U.K. bench and end of the court. Maybe the row of Retired Jerseys named Keightly's boy's or Keightly's honor list. I don't know but like I said, I am sure that something will be put back in honor of this great, great man.

 

I do believe that his chair beside the coaches chair should remain where it is at and remain empty at all times in rememberance and in honor of "Mr. Wildcat".

I think they will leave Keightley's seat open for one year and then it will be back to business as usual as far as his seat. They will probably put something in his name, but its hard to determine what it could be at this point in time.

Rupp Arena has been around for more than 26 years, hasn't it? I know it was open when Rupp died in the 1977-78 Championship year. Did it open in '76 or '77?

 

It's first season was the 1976-77 season.

I think they will leave Keightley's seat open for one year and then it will be back to business as usual as far as his seat. They will probably put something in his name, but its hard to determine what it could be at this point in time.

 

I tend to agree with you on this although I think they should leave his seat on the bench open from here on out, not just one season.

JMO

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.