Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I think the Bengals releasing Henry is good for the team, do you?

Featured Replies

I have always been of the opinion the Bengals could never count on Henry but if the Bengals were given a choice of addressing a need at WR or somewhere else they would go somewhere else because Henry was on the roster. Now the Bengals will be forced to address WR. The good in all of this is the Bengals will know where they stand at the WR position (Chad aside) from this point on.

I have always been of the opinion the Bengals could never count on Henry but if the Bengals were given a choice of addressing a need at WR or somewhere else they would go somewhere else because Henry was on the roster. Now the Bengals will be forced to address WR. The good in all of this is the Bengals will know where they stand at the WR position (Chad aside) from this point on.

 

I agree. Henry often left them in limbo, not to mention the negative effect it has on the team as a whole to have a guy like that on the roster. I think this is a plus all the way around.

Henry won't be a big loss. I think signing Utecht (sp) will be huge for the passing game. IMO he is more valuable than Henry considering he can block and get down field. I much rather have a deep threat/blocking combo simlar to Dallas Clark in Utecht than Chris Henry who is primarily just a deep threat.

  • Author

Another benefit I see is this further pigeonholes Chad. Remember, Chad always like to play the "I don't have any issues off the field card" at everyone when trying to defend his actions. Of course, what Chad is too stupid to realize is every time he does this he is in fact throwing Henry under the bus and causing team chemistry problems.

I agree 100%. This team is in some big trouble with their players acting like little 3 year olds. They need to rid themselves of all problems (including CJ). This organization is a long way from normal from the owner down. And until they start making some big changes....it's going to be like that for years to come.

Isn't this what we have all been waiting for? I dont mean letting Henry go exactly, but Marvin Lewis finally putting his foot down. I think we will see some more action before it's all said and done with...

Another benefit I see is this further pigeonholes Chad. Remember, Chad always like to play the "I don't have any issues off the field card" at everyone when trying to defend his actions. Of course, what Chad is too stupid to realize is every time he does this he is in fact throwing Henry under the bus and causing team chemistry problems.

 

Never thought of it that way. Good point.

Another benefit I see is this further pigeonholes Chad. Remember, Chad always like to play the "I don't have any issues off the field card" at everyone when trying to defend his actions. Of course, what Chad is too stupid to realize is every time he does this he is in fact throwing Henry under the bus and causing team chemistry problems.

 

Or does it only serve to embolden Chad and his trade antics, as he now realizes how badly the Bengals need him?

 

I guess losing Henry is ultimately good for the team, but the shame of it is that this guy had the physical tools to be a fabulous receiver. He had the potential to become the next Randy Moss if he only had his head screwed on right. His abiity to stretch the field made Chad and TJ better. But he's now yesterday's Bengal's news and now they need to find themselves a meaningful third wideout - cause it dang sure ain't Antonio Chapman.

I'd see if I could get anything out of him (he is very talented and teams like Dallas might take a flyer). If not then I'd have no problem if they cut him loose.

I'd see if I could get anything out of him (he is very talented and teams like Dallas might take a flyer). If not then I'd have no problem if they cut him loose.

 

Henry or Chad?

 

Henry's going to be suspended for life.

Good move by Cincy, even through their offense is looking quite vanilla right now.

  • Author
Or does it only serve to embolden Chad and his trade antics, as he now realizes how badly the Bengals need him?

 

I agree this will embolden Chad but that is a different kettle of fish.

Maybe Glen Holt will get a chance to catch a few balls now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.