Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hopson news (article)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like the same interview that Hopson gave the other day, but the writer left out Kentucky and Cincinnati. I seriously doubt that MSU is still in the mix.

  • Author

I am a UofL fan, and I think he would be best served to go to UK. He is going to get more minutes there. I would love to have him at UofL, but I think he will end up in Tenn.

I think UT would be his best fit. But if he listens to BCG and plays hard and with the team I would like to see him at UK.

I think he will be at UK. I really believe if he truly wanted to go to UT, he would have already committed. Pearl has been on him hot for a long time, even with the MSU early commit. I don't think it's a coincidence after BCG said he would not pursue a kid already committed, that Scotty came out the next week and reneged on MSU.

Billy G thinks Hopson is lazy. UK is not interested from what I am hearing.

Billy G thinks Hopson is lazy. UK is not interested from what I am hearing.

 

Then why fly all over the state to watch him?:confused: Lazy or not (which I don't think he is) the kid has more natural talent than this state has seen for a while.

Billy G thinks Hopson is lazy. UK is not interested from what I am hearing.

 

I overheard this as well. And given Hopson's work ethic -- he was taller than everyone for LexCath by three inches, yet of his nine rebounds, zero came on the offensive glass -- do you really think he'd handle what we now understand to be a very intense practice workout regimen under BCG?

  • Author
I think he will be at UK. I really believe if he truly wanted to go to UT, he would have already committed. Pearl has been on him hot for a long time, even with the MSU early commit. I don't think it's a coincidence after BCG said he would not pursue a kid already committed, that Scotty came out the next week and reneged on MSU.

 

He actually opened his recruitment up in November. Dave Baker (27 news) made a story out of it again in Feb. when he interviewed Hopson. I don't think he is too interested in UK or UofL.

 

I too have heard he is lazy. Maybe that is why Pitino, Tubby and BCG never recruited him real hard. All I know is that he is a top 20 McAA and it is bad PR to let him leave the state.

Friday night at Rupp as I was going back to the hospitality room I saw Billy G and Randy McCoy talking in a private conversation away from all the fans wanting pictures they actually talked for a long time because I came through at the begining of the Mason game, and came back through at half time and they were still their. I don't think they could have been talking about anything other than Hopson. Hopson probably is a little lazy but this kid is going to be in the NBA, I think Coach G needs to make a big time push for this kid.

He actually opened his recruitment up in November. Dave Baker (27 news) made a story out of it again in Feb. when he interviewed Hopson. I don't think he is too interested in UK or UofL.

 

I too have heard he is lazy. Maybe that is why Pitino, Tubby and BCG never recruited him real hard. All I know is that he is a top 20 McAA and it is bad PR to let him leave the state.

 

He opened his recruitment when he never signed an LOI with MSU. He has said all along his recruitment was wide open, but after BCG went on record about not recruiting a committed player, Hopson made it much clearer.

Friday night at Rupp as I was going back to the hospitality room I saw Billy G and Randy McCoy talking in a private conversation away from all the fans wanting pictures they actually talked for a long time because I came through at the begining of the Mason game, and came back through at half time and they were still their. I don't think they could have been talking about anything other than Hopson. Hopson probably is a little lazy but this kid is going to be in the NBA, I think Coach G needs to make a big time push for this kid.

 

How in the world did you infer that from seeing a conversation taking place across a room?

I think the kid is going to UT and he is dragging it out just like Patterson did.

I think the kid is going to UT and he is dragging it out just like Patterson did.

Which is perfectly fine in my book (the part about dragging it out, not going to UT :D).

I think the kid is going to UT and he is dragging it out just like Patterson did.

 

This is what I heard also and it may be a package deal getting Edwardson. Hopson wont stay in school 4 yrs anyway. Hopson wouldnt have been able to handle Billy G's practices in fact I am starting to wonder if Darius Miller will be able to.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.