Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is It Really Fair....

Featured Replies

That North Carolina gets to play the first two rounds in Raleigh, and the next two rounds in Charlotte?

 

I don't mind giving them the opportunity to play the first two rounds at Raleigh, but Jesus.... this is like saying they can play at home until the Final 4!

 

Had Duke won the ACC they would have moved up to a 1 seed and probably had the same gift.

 

To put it in perspective, imagine if some of the better Kentucky teams could have played the first two rounds at Louisville and the next two at Cincinnatti.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that is too big of an advantage, but what I hate the most is that the south starts out in Cali....thats insane.

  • Author

Hubert Davis said it's not a big advantage because it's about teh same distance to Knoxville?

 

It's not a matter of distance, as much as a matter of fan bases. I can guarantee you that 90% of the fans within 30 minutes of Charlotte are UNC fans, and DEFINATELY not Tennessee fans.

I think they earned the advantage. They are the overall number one.

It's the NCAA tournament, everyone should be on neutral sites and atleast in different states than where they play their home games.

I think they earned the advantage. They are the overall number one.

 

They get the advantage by playing a #16 team...

  • Author
I think they earned the advantage. They are the overall number one.

 

So if you are the overall number one you should be given the following advantages:

 

1. Play the first two rounds literally 15 minutes from your campus

 

2. Get to play either of the two "worst" teams to amke the tournament.

 

3. ....At that, after the winning team has already had to play once then make a long trip to play you.

 

4. Play rounds 3-4 at a location that you usually play at least two games a year at, still within the same state and in the heart of your fan base

 

5. Once you make the Final 4, you are then matched up with the "weakest" 1 seed.

 

All of this is because you "earn" the overall number one based on strictly opinions?

 

C'mon!

  • Author
^ I agree.....

 

So if they moved Duke's Elite 8 game location to San Diego or another location in California with an extremely high UCLA Alumni population you don't mind?

I never have really liked this "pod" system where teams in the West start out in New York and teams in the East start out in Oregon. I just don't like it.

So if you are the overall number one you should be given the following advantages:

 

1. Play the first two rounds literally 15 minutes from your campus

 

2. Get to play either of the two "worst" teams to amke the tournament.

 

3. ....At that, after the winning team has already had to play once then make a long trip to play you.

 

4. Play rounds 3-4 at a location that you usually play at least two games a year at, still within the same state and in the heart of your fan base

 

5. Once you make the Final 4, you are then matched up with the "weakest" 1 seed.

 

All of this is because you "earn" the overall number one based on strictly opinions?

 

C'mon!

 

I agree, only NC will get those breaks,,,

  • Author
I agree, only NC will get those breaks,,,

 

Would have been Duke's had they won the ACC as well....

One of the main reasons that NC gets those advantages is that it seems that there is a site in No. Carolina every year. They love the Carolina Blue in Indy and the selection committee.

So if you are the overall number one you should be given the following advantages:

 

1. Play the first two rounds literally 15 minutes from your campus

 

2. Get to play either of the two "worst" teams to amke the tournament.

 

3. ....At that, after the winning team has already had to play once then make a long trip to play you.

 

4. Play rounds 3-4 at a location that you usually play at least two games a year at, still within the same state and in the heart of your fan base

 

5. Once you make the Final 4, you are then matched up with the "weakest" 1 seed.

 

 

 

All of this is because you "earn" the overall number one based on strictly opinions?

 

C'mon!

 

I do. It makes the regular season more meaningful. I have no problem with the committee giving the advantage of the 1 through 4 teams the opportunity to play closer to home. So you think it should be the opposite, that they should have to go play nearer a lower seed???

 

These teams that are going to be travelling to the location of the venue more than a couple of days prior to the game. Not like they are travelling that day and playing that evening. I don't buy the long trip theory.

 

Yes I will agree that having a large fan base at your game is an advantage, but in the end, the floor is 94 feet by 50 feet, the hoop is ten feet off the floor and its 5 on 5.

So if they moved Duke's Elite 8 game location to San Diego or another location in California with an extremely high UCLA Alumni population you don't mind?

 

If Duke were a lower seed then I say fine. If Duke is a higher seed, then they do deserve the edge over the lower seed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.