Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does the NCAA cut UK a break?

Featured Replies

Then I'll buy everyone a round next time we have a BGP get together.

 

 

(Not really :lol: I can't afford it. But if I could...I would)

 

:thumb:

 

Its the thought that counts. Especially when we're talking about Duke losing!

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
^ We've been over this a hundred times.....The state of North Carolina has like 3 stadiums that can host the tourney. WE have 2. That said, only Rupp has done so. That takes UK out of the picture as you are not allowed to play on your home court. The NCAA has made it known they want teams to play as close to home as possible, UK often goes to Nashville or Indy, so that argument really doesn't work.

I don't recall UK being sent to Freedom Hall the few times Louisville decides to host it. I don't remember them going to Cincy either.

What if Duke loses today?

 

They would only have 5 losses. Three to Top 25 teams.

 

I don't think they will lose though because they haven't played great and it's still tied.

What if Duke loses today?

 

I still think that they'll be there.

Both Raliegh and Charlotte are first round sites. I'll bet a check that one or both end up at one or both.

 

Charlotte is a regional this year, I believe.

I don't recall UK being sent to Freedom Hall the few times Louisville decides to host it. I don't remember them going to Cincy either.

 

I said INdy and Nashville, I don't remember the last time Freedom Hall or UC hosted the tourney. If they have, it was awhile ago, and that was before the location intiative that's in place now.

  • Author
Charlotte is a regional this year, I believe.

You're right. That means Duke or Carolina will be in the East.

Well, Carolina will likely be the overall #1, so they should get the most comfortable route.

  • Author

If they lose to Clemson, they will still be the #1 seed in the East and will play closer to home than Memphis, who will be the overall #1 if UNC loses to Clemson.

THE NCAA doesn't cut breaks, IMO.

 

:laugh::laugh: Says the Duke fan.....:lol::lol::walk::lol:

I just saw on the NCAA's site...the 5 favorite teams are:

 

1 - Carolina - (19,692 fans)

2 - Duke - (15,927)

3 - Kansas - (11,239)

4 - Kentucky - (6,760)

5 - Wisconsin - (6,501)

 

Most hated:

 

1 - Duke (41,695 haters)

2 - Carolina (19,464)

3 - Florida (6,890)

4 - Ohio State (5,286)

5 - Indiana (4,413)

 

Funny.

  • Author

Love 'em or hate them. There's no in-between

If they lose to Clemson, they will still be the #1 seed in the East and will play closer to home than Memphis, who will be the overall #1 if UNC loses to Clemson.

 

Would you rather Memphis play in Raleigh, and ship Carolina out, or have Memphis play closest to their home, Little Rock which is about two hours away?

Scribe, you'll be happy....in 2010 the closest that Duke or Carolina can be to home is Jacksonville......2009 Memphis has a regional.

They would only have 5 losses. Three to Top 25 teams.

 

I don't think they will lose though because they haven't played great and it's still tied.

 

Maybe I jinxed them. :p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.