Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Player of the Year

Who is the player of the year? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the player of the year?

    • Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina)
      53%
      15
    • Michael Beasley (Kansas State)
      46%
      13
    • Other (please list the player if you choose this option)
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:thumb:

 

I should have elaborated more in the initial post, but I think I addressed it in post #7.

 

Beasley is clearly the better player...even the people who voted for Hansbrough admitted that. But it's not just that...the impact he has on his team is bigger and he's more important to his team.

 

Without a doubt Beasley is the best player in the country, and I'd even agree that he means more to his team than Hansbrough, but he still won't get it because of the media. I don't think it has as much to do with his grade though because Durant won it last year as a freshman. I think it is more because Tyler is the media darling for this year and he has comparable numbers to go up against Beasley.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Without a doubt Beasley is the best player in the country, and I'd even agree that he means more to his team than Hansbrough, but he still won't get it because of the media. I don't think it has as much to do with his grade though because Durant won it last year as a freshman. I think it is more because Tyler is the media darling for this year and he has comparable numbers to go up against Beasley.

 

:thumb:

 

My feelings as well...although I think the fact that Beasley is viewed as a one-and-done super freshman and Hansbrough is "the guy who chose to stay in school" is playing a part as well.

Do I think Psycho T is better than Beastley? No freaking way...

 

Maybe not better. But if I'm building an NCAA championship team I would rather have Hansbrough.

Maybe not better. But if I'm building an NCAA championship team I would rather have Hansbrough.

And my team would be better... :p

And my team would be better... :p

I'd rather have the guy that sticks around after his frosh year

I'd rather have the guy that sticks around after his frosh year

If he could have gone early and been a lottery pick he would have. Don't kid yourself. There's a reason he's not in the NBA...

If he could have gone early and been a lottery pick he would have. Don't kid yourself. There's a reason he's not in the NBA...

 

I thought the same thing. When that link said something about him being able to go pro after his freshman year it made me laugh. Tyler won't do anything in the pro's but he is a great college player.

I thought the same thing. When that link said something about him being able to go pro after his freshman year it made me laugh. Tyler won't do anything in the pro's but he is a great college player.

 

Agree with this statement, 100 percent.

Hansbrough is the player of the year in college, but won't be much in the NBA.

  • Author
I thought the same thing. When that link said something about him being able to go pro after his freshman year it made me laugh. Tyler won't do anything in the pro's but he is a great college player.

 

I thought the same thing...but, you have to look at who made that statement. Hubert Davis...that should explain it.

 

He could have gone pro. That is a fact. But, then again, Joe Crawford could have too. :lol:

If he could have gone early and been a lottery pick he would have. Don't kid yourself. There's a reason he's not in the NBA...

 

I don't recall saying anything about the NBA:confused:

Psycho T will be player of the year and if he played for UK, than the wildcat fans would be agreeing with me... ;)

I don't recall saying anything about the NBA:confused:

He stuck around because his chance to leave was pretty much zero...

Psycho T will be player of the year and if he played for UK, than the wildcat fans would be agreeing with me... ;)

 

And I still wouldn't... :D

He stuck around because his chance to leave was pretty much zero...

 

OK. I'd rather have Tyler around for 3 years on my "college" team than Beastley for 1. I still say Hansbrough wins it.

And I still wouldn't... :D

 

I know, that is why I choose my words carefully. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.