March 13, 200818 yr Final. Vaughn was electric, but just doesn't yet have enough help. It's on the way soon. Plenty of improvements were made, but it's time to start working on next year. Congrats to Pitt on a good game...
March 13, 200818 yr Was glad to see Pitt pull this one off, they had me scared with their free throw shooting at the end, now on to Louisville...
March 13, 200818 yr I'll be the 1st to admit, I haven't kept up with UC much this year, but, wow, Vaughn is an absolute stud. That kid could play for me anytime. Big, strong guard who has an excellent handle with the ball and can kill you from the peremiter or beat you with the drive. I was very impressed with him. UC is young, too and have some good looking athletes. Looks like they lack some scoring punch to go along with Vaughn, but, they could be very tough these next couple of years with some solid recruits coming in. I also like the way Cronin(sp?) handles that team. They really could be a dangerous foe next year...
March 13, 200818 yr Final. Vaughn was electric, but just doesn't yet have enough help. It's on the way soon. Plenty of improvements were made, but it's time to start working on next year. Congrats to Pitt on a good game... I heard a sound bite from Oscar. Did he say McClain was hurt all year, and didn't understand why he wasn't red shirted?
March 13, 200818 yr Author I heard a sound bite from Oscar. Did he say McClain was hurt all year, and didn't understand why he wasn't red shirted? He had a bone spur that happened very early in the season. It was never major, but kept him from playing more than a few minutes at a time. There was really no chance to redshirt him when Mike Williams went down...
March 13, 200818 yr Didn't get to see the game at all , so help me out here. Vaughn's shooting line wasn't all that great - 8 for 25 and 5 of 15 from 3 pt. line. A lot of points, but a lot of shots, too. (probably has blisters on his hands!) Was it a solid performance?
March 13, 200818 yr Author Didn't get to see the game at all , so help me out here. Vaughn's shooting line wasn't all that great - 8 for 25 and 5 of 15 from 3 pt. line. A lot of points, but a lot of shots, too. (probably has blisters on his hands!) Was it a solid performance? He didn't do a lot outside of a blistering stretch where he scored 20 straight UC points from about the 8:00 mark to the 4:00 marks in the 2nd. He did all he could to carry the load, but it just isn't enough with this supporting cast. Help is on the way. Trust me there...
March 13, 200818 yr Help is on the way. Trust me there... So who is ready to be a Big East 10+ points a game a night threat? Wright, Dixon, or Gates? Because that is the kind of help he needs at least... Let me be the first to say hats off to Jamual Warren, John Williamson, Marvin Gentry, Adam Hrycniuk, and Marcus Sikes for what they did for the UC program...
March 13, 200818 yr He didn't do a lot outside of a blistering stretch where he scored 20 straight UC points from about the 8:00 mark to the 4:00 marks in the 2nd. He did all he could to carry the load, but it just isn't enough with this supporting cast. Help is on the way. Trust me there... Well, I guess that's decent enough. Things sure were looking up for UC about 6 games ago. Things fell apart rather fast. They need a talented big man that can score next year.
March 13, 200818 yr Well, I guess that's decent enough. Things sure were looking up for UC about 6 games ago. Things fell apart rather fast. They need a talented big man that can score next year. They need a talented anything that can score...
March 13, 200818 yr Author So who is ready to be a Big East 10+ points a game a night threat? Wright, Dixon, or Gates? Because that is the kind of help he needs at least... Let me be the first to say hats off to Jamual Warren, John Williamson, Marvin Gentry, Adam Hrycniuk, and Marcus Sikes for what they did for the UC program... Once we get past the signing period, I'll let you know... :sssh: And I agree on the SRs. A great group of guys that treated me with nothing but respect. The situation was bad, but the results were well above what could be expected...
March 13, 200818 yr Once we get past the signing period, I'll let you know... :sssh: And I agree on the SRs. A great group of guys that treated me with nothing but respect. The situation was bad, but the results were well above what could be expected... Lol...:thumb: You know this is gonna drive a brother crazy... But from the sound of things it is gonna be worth waiting for... On a side note, if you get my hopes up about something and it never comes to fruition I may be highly upset...:lol: When is the late signing period anyways?
March 13, 200818 yr I'm pretty sure the dates are April 16th-May 12th this year... Ok... I'll mark my calendar...:thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.