Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Bashers

Featured Replies

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winning the SEC? Didn't Tennessee do that?

 

I should have said winning in the SEC going 12-4. Thanks for the correction.

1. From all indications Patterson didn't sign when Tubby was the coach, he signed after BCG was hired.

2. Woo, Thomas, and Perry accounted for 18% of UK's scoring last year on top of Morris' 22%. Thats 40% of the offense gone. (Throw in Meeks, and you've lost 52%)

3. Stevenson is averaging 5.8 ppg this year. Perry averaged 8.4 last year.

 

1. If it wasn't for Tubby pretty much already having Patterson wanting to come to UK. Then Billy G would have never been able to get him to come here. It was because of Tubby that UK was one of his final schools, and was leaning towards us, before Tubby left. And as I said I give credit to Billy G for getting him to still come here.

 

2.Also I have mentioned Morris, and how also Patterson pretty much had close to the same numbers. Maybe even better I not sure on that...Also people like Jasper and Harris have both played some 4 this year, so add that in with Stevenson and I bet that contributes pretty good to that same percentage as the same people you said. Not to mention AJ Stewart who should have been playing more all year, especially over Coury. However that was Billy G decisions, which no one still understands much...Also for Meeks I mentioned the injuries in my original post, so I don't know why you throw him in there.

 

3. Your right ppg Bobby Perry has done better. But you kidding yourself if you honestly believe Perry Stevenson this year had not been a better PF for us, than Perry was. I talkin about everything offense, defense etc.

 

So yeah once again, going into this year Tubby left a team that was a tournament team, and probably should have been even better this year than last. He did not leave just a terrible team like some of you all like to think. One of the things I said in my original post is, that neither coach really deserves all the blame, or all the credit. Tubby left a good enough team to be better than last years team, and Billy G has done a great job having to deal with injuries and getting this team back to the tournament team they should have been all year.

Judging by the performance of the Cats under Orlando the past couple years, I'd have to disagree with you there, and you're right. People can't give credit when it's due. The SEC was weak this year, huh.

 

I would have to disagree here. If Tubby was still here, we wouldn't have had that learning curve and probably would not have lost to the likes of Gardner Webb, etc. I know I love Tubby, but with that said I love Billy G as well and he has done a great job this year having to deal with the injuries he has had. They are both great coaches. It was just time for a change here at UK, it worked out good for both parties involved.

Not to mention AJ Stewart who should have been playing more all year, especially over Coury. However that was Billy G decisions, which no one still understands much...

 

What I have heard all year, and it was confirmed during the pregame of the Florida game, all of Stewart's issues were off the court. He took a little longer to adjust to the college life, and was not taking care of business in the classroom. He has got his ducks in a row now and is taking care of business, both on and off the court.

What I have heard all year, and it was confirmed during the pregame of the Florida game, all of Stewart's issues were off the court. He took a little longer to adjust to the college life, and was not taking care of business in the classroom. He has got his ducks in a row now and is taking care of business, both on and off the court.

 

That is good to hear. Some kids just have a hard time of adjusting. I remember Scott Padgett was about to leave college, but got it all straightened out and turn into a very good college player.

1. If it wasn't for Tubby pretty much already having Patterson wanting to come to UK. Then Billy G would have never been able to get him to come here. It was because of Tubby that UK was one of his final schools, and was leaning towards us, before Tubby left. And as I said I give credit to Billy G for getting him to still come here.

 

2.Also I have mentioned Morris, and how also Patterson pretty much had close to the same numbers. Maybe even better I not sure on that...Also people like Jasper and Harris have both played some 4 this year, so add that in with Stevenson and I bet that contributes pretty good to that same percentage as the same people you said. Not to mention AJ Stewart who should have been playing more all year, especially over Coury. However that was Billy G decisions, which no one still understands much...Also for Meeks I mentioned the injuries in my original post, so I don't know why you throw him in there.

 

3. Your right ppg Bobby Perry has done better. But you kidding yourself if you honestly believe Perry Stevenson this year had not been a better PF for us, than Perry was. I talkin about everything offense, defense etc.

 

So yeah once again, going into this year Tubby left a team that was a tournament team, and probably should have been even better this year than last. He did not leave just a terrible team like some of you all like to think. One of the things I said in my original post is, that neither coach really deserves all the blame, or all the credit. Tubby left a good enough team to be better than last years team, and Billy G has done a great job having to deal with injuries and getting this team back to the tournament team they should have been all year.

 

:thumb::ylsuper::thumb:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

It took Billy Gillispie about half a season to do something Tubby Smith couldn't do in three full years...make a player out of Joe Crawford.

 

That was, and always will be, my biggest complaint with Tubby Smith. He didn't do a good enough job developing players and getting the most out of them, IMO.

I think all that matters is the ends justify the means, & I think the whole situation has been for the best on both sides.The bottom line is no matter what took place, someone would find a reason to complain about it because some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy!:argue:

It took Billy Gillispie about half a season to do something Tubby Smith couldn't do in three full years...make a player out of Joe Crawford.

 

That was, and always will be, my biggest complaint with Tubby Smith. He didn't do a good enough job developing players and getting the most out of them, IMO.

 

Edit. Had something to say, but decided to delete it cause I rather this thread just die, because this all is just to old now.:thumb:

I think all that matters is the ends justify the means, & I think the whole situation has been for the best on both sides.The bottom line is no matter what took place, someone would find a reason to complain about it because some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy!:argue:

 

:thumb:

It took Billy Gillispie about half a season to do something Tubby Smith couldn't do in three full years...make a player out of Joe Crawford.

 

That was, and always will be, my biggest complaint with Tubby Smith. He didn't do a good enough job developing players and getting the most out of them, IMO.

 

I guess Erik Daniels, Chuck Hayes, and Gerald Fitch never developed.

I guess Erik Daniels, Chuck Hayes, and Gerald Fitch never developed.

 

No doubt, there were some guys who developed under Tubby...overall though, I feel he was lacking in that department.

 

It's just my opinion. No need to argue about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.