Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region 9 Winner

Featured Replies

Now that the pairings are set, who will win and why?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give Highlands a slight edge to win it all. They've got to get by Conner, which I think they'll do. You beat a team once you may just had a better game. You beat a team twice you're probably a little better than they are. One of those victories was on a neutral floor. The key for the Birds is their post play. Towles and A. Adler have combined to average almost 30 points against Conner in their earlier meetings. Highlands has also demonstrated they can come from behind and beat Conner. I think in their second match-up Conner jumped out on Highlands 10-0.

 

I think Highlands will when its’ next game.

 

The final will probably be Highlands and Notre Dame. Highlands fell behind 19-6 to the Pandas in their first meeting. If they can keep that from happening I think they could win it.

 

There is no for sure thing here. Conner is certainly capable of beating Highlands. I just don’t know of anything that has occurred since the last time they played each other to make me think otherwise.

I'll take Boone Co. They have Nell.

I'll take Boone Co. They have Nell.
Nell in only a coach. I think coach Richey is just as capable

Best 2 teams I saw this year were Highlands and Conner. They don't rely on any one player to carry the load offensively, and Highlands plays very good defense. Boone leans heavily on Behrens . When I saw ND play they didn't show much enthusiasm. However, that was mid-season. If they can beat a good Holy Cross team by 35 in the District final, that's impressive !! I'll go with ND over HHS in the final.

I agree - NDA is very awesome and I think they will win no problem.

I'll take Boone Co. They have Nell.

 

I'm relatively new to the area, so I don't know the history very well. I understand that coach Fookes has been at Boone County for a long time. I also understand that she has had a successful run in northern Kentucky basketball.

 

My question is this: Has coach Fookes ever won anything outside of northern Kentucky?

 

Anything beyond the regionals? Anything on the state level? Any Holiday Tournaments?

 

I have asked this question a number of times.... but no one seems to know the answer.

I'm relatively new to the area, so I don't know the history very well. I understand that coach Fookes has been at Boone County for a long time. I also understand that she has had a successful run in northern Kentucky basketball.

 

My question is this: Has coach Fookes ever won anything outside of northern Kentucky?

 

Anything beyond the regionals? Anything on the state level? Any Holiday Tournaments?

 

I have asked this question a number of times.... but no one seems to know the answer.

 

No team has won a state title from the 9th region, ever!

 

Holiday tournaments? I do not know, but that would not give any type of accurate gauge because it would not reflect what type of teams involved.

No team has won a state title from the 9th region, ever!

 

Holiday tournaments? I do not know, but that would not give any type of accurate gauge because it would not reflect what type of teams involved.

 

OK, thanks.

 

Surprising that no northern Kentucky team has ever won the state.

 

Has coach Fookes ever made it to the final 8? Final 4?

 

A Holiday Tournament Championship would give some indication as to how well Boone County has done compared to teams outside of northern Kentucky. Say Lexington or Louisville.

OK, thanks.

 

Surprising that no northern Kentucky team has ever won the state.

 

Has coach Fookes ever made it to the final 8? Final 4?

 

A Holiday Tournament Championship would give some indication as to how well Boone County has done compared to teams outside of northern Kentucky. Say Lexington or Louisville.

 

What I mean about the holiday tournaments, is that it could be full of a bunch of teams that are not very good.

Boone and NDA used to co-host a tournament every year and invite teams in from around the state and from what I can remember Boone represented themselves very well.

What I mean about the holiday tournaments, is that it could be full of a bunch of teams that are not very good.

Boone and NDA used to co-host a tournament every year and invite teams in from around the state and from what I can remember Boone represented themselves very well.

 

Were those tournaments loaded with teams from Lexington and/or Louisville?

 

Did Boone ever win one of those tournaments?

 

And, concerning the state tournament, do you know if coach Fookes ever made it to the final 8? Or, Final 4?

 

Thanks.

1998 Final Four is a far as they have been from what I could find on KHSAA website. The website is hard to navigate and find history on the Sweet Sixteens.

Boone is very impressive but they rely heavily on Behrens. Also Bradley seems to crumble under pressure sometimes when Boone is losing. NDA is very good. But I think Conner is very capable of making it to the finals and winning and I think they will do so. Hodges is a very strong inside force and Long runs the point very well. If they can get past Highland then I see them facing Boone is the finals.

Boone is very impressive but they rely heavily on Behrens. Also Bradley seems to crumble under pressure sometimes when Boone is losing. NDA is very good. But i think Conner is very capable of making it to the finals and winning and I think they will do so. Hodges is a very strong inside force and Long runs the point very well. If they can get past Highland then i see them facing Boone is the finals.

 

Do you watch these teams play much?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.