Who is your fav. outdoor personality?

letthebighogroot

I am a little old school so I have to go with Ben Rogers Lee and Fred Bear.

Current list would include Michael Waddell,Will Primos,Spindoc,Preston Pittman and Paul Butsky and last but not least... "The Nuge".:ylsuper:

Forgot about "Uncle Ted" I approve of his enthuhtiasm, but I can see where non hunters would be offended by him. But any man that will make ammendments so that he may own his own herd of buffalo is without a doubt a friend to hunters and gun owners!

Forgot about "Uncle Ted" I approve of his enthuhtiasm, but I can see where non hunters would be offended by him. But any man that will make ammendments so that he may own his own herd of buffalo is without a doubt a friend to hunters and gun owners!

I agree, his enthusiasm is tops. I have never seen any other TV personality show the love of hunting and the respect fot the game that he does. Plus the fact that he does his own intro music......:ylsuper:

My favorites on the hunting side of things would be for the present Michael Waddell, no question. I like Will Primos, Ted Nugent ( I hate his music except for the Fred Bear Song) but I respect the man and the things that he stands for like our hunting an gun rights (and his extreme dislike for the anti hunters, p.e.t.a. and groups like them). I also like Roger Raglin, Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland and yes Tiffinay Lakowsky for the same reason that ltbhr listed :D. As for the old school guys, I am like cvillecat in that Ben Lee. Preston Pittman and Fred Bear were as good as they ever were.

As for the fishing side of things, I really like the bassmasters programming and several of the pros on the B.A.S.S. and the F.L.W. pro tournament tours. My favs are Jay Yelas,George Coachran, Larry Nixon, Guido Hibdon,Rick Clunn, Peter Thliveros, Alton Jones, Kevin Van Dam and really several others. Actually the only one that I cannot stand and root against is Michael Iaconneli.

Both good choices.

I will also add Billy Westmoreland and Joe Boucher as two of my favorite guys on the water. Greg Dowdy also gets a shout out!!!:ylsuper:

:thumb: I never should have forgotten Billy Wwestmoreland. At one time I spent about 4 or 5 days just sitting around and talking fishing with him when he was doing a show and seminars at a takle store I was working at that time. The man was an "encyclopedia" of bass fishing and a great guy as well. May Billy Westmoreland R.I.P., I know that he is looking down on his beloved Dale Hollow Lake right now.

As for the Greg Dowdy show, did you happen to catch me on some of those episodes? I would have been the dummy in the back (or beside him on the front deck) trying to catch a fish while he cleaned up :D. The man is like fishing behind a seine.

I have spent many, many hours in a bass boat with him and times hunting as well as I have you my friend. Dowdy is an excellent fisherman and outdoorsman as you are cville.

Great friends and family are two of the things that will last in this world and I certainly consider both of you great friends and yes in a way family as well. :thumb:

I'll say Michael Waddell, Will Primos, and Cuz Strickland for wild game pursuits.

I'll say that I like Larry Nixon as a guy I like to listen to when he schools you on fishing techniques.

As for personalities I know and love at home, I like to listen to my 9y.o. turkey call because he's pretty good, and already better than his grandfather and one of my best friends Tim Bonzo who sounds like a Canada goose. Cville knows what I'm talking about!:cool:

I'll say Michael Waddell, Will Primos, and Cuz Strickland for wild game pursuits.

I'll say that I like Larry Nixon as a guy I like to listen to when he schools you on fishing techniques.

:thumb: I agree with all of these choices.

Larry Nixon is a unbelievable fisherman and has been for years and years. Nixon is one of the "old school" bass pros that is a walking seminar on bass fishing. One of if not my all time favorite.

As for personalities I know and love at home, I like to listen to my 9y.o. turkey call because he's pretty good, and already better than his grandfather and one of my best friends Tim Bonzo who sounds like a Canada goose. Cville knows what I'm talking about!:cool:

Tim is the luckiest turkey hunter I have ever known!!! but as the old saying goes...."I would rather be lucky than good"

I have not heard the grandfather call lately, If he has not improved his technique I would blame it on the guy that taught him:lol:

hats off to the young gun. I would like to hear him serenade Ol" Tom also.

Tim is the luckiest turkey hunter I have ever known!!! but as the old saying goes...."I would rather be lucky than good"

I have not heard the grandfather call lately, If he has not improved his technique I would blame it on the guy that taught him:lol:

hats off to the young gun. I would like to hear him serenade Ol" Tom also.

I know better than that. It's bad hearing, which could be a blessing I suppose. He got some Walker's muffs for Christmas, so we'll see how that helps.