Your Choice for Mr. Basketball.(Fan Poll)

Vote for Mr. Basketball  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Mr. Basketball

• Scotty Hopson-UHA
    • Shelvin Mack-Bryan Station
    • Darius Miller-Mason County
    • Landon Slone-Paintsville
    • Arrez Henderson-Holmes
    • Tyshawn Edmondson-UHA
    • Victor Moses-Henry Clay
    • Other

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen all three play several times. I would have to give my vote to Mack, great all around player, and he goes all out every game. Shame UK didnt go after him earlier. Miller is also a great player, as is Hopson, but the laziness on the defensive end of the court, I believe, is the downfall for Hopson.

I have seen all three play several times. I would have to give my vote to Mack, great all around player, and he goes all out every game. Shame UK didnt go after him earlier. Miller is also a great player, as is Hopson, but the laziness on the defensive end of the court, I believe, is the downfall for Hopson.

Great post.:thumb:

I don't believe Mack is near the prospect that Miller and Hopson are. But I do believe he has had a better senior year than those 2. And I think that is what the award is about.

Scotty Hopson doesn't get Mr. Basketball because Miller is committed to UK. Also a lot of people don't like the way Hopson carries himself on the court. People love Miller, along with Mack's, class. And both Miller and Mack go 100% every play, unlike Hopson who takes plays off. So that's why Hopson doesn't get Mr. Basketball. My vote is still Mack, but I think it goes to Miller.

Well you know Hopson has been stepping up lately these last couple of games. If he keeps it up and doesn't stop with his effort he is giving and makes a run in the Sweet 16 then I think he has a greater chance over Mack and a Slight edge over Miller. IMO Hopson will get it because of everything in general (and he isn't going to Mississippi so we don't have to worry about that). But when was the last time someone with so much NATIONAl hype came from Kentucky? How is he not going to win Mr. Basketball? A deep run or win in the tournament would definitly help I think. I'm pretty sure of this though. Whoever wins I bet this is probably the closest it's ever been between three people (Hopson, Mack, and Miller) and probably closer between two people (Hopson and Miller). Think maybe this year they could go for a Mr. Basketball Team? Would be pretty nice.

Would anybody like to tell me how Scotty Hopson doesn't get Mr. Basketball. I mean he is on the All-American team. If he doesn't get it then something is wrong.

As far as I know the McDonald's All American Team and the other All American Team (Jordan?) are both based on their performance in the summer, AAU ball. From what I've heard he gave a lot more effort in the summer than now.