Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC On The Bubble??

Featured Replies

Want to revisit that one??? ;)

 

I was right, wasn't I? The scores that I saw seemed to indicate that they had a lot of trouble. I didn't see the game but I guess you're referring to them holding Gransberry to 7 points? He did have 18 rebounds.

I was right, wasn't I? The scores that I saw seemed to indicate that they had a lot of trouble. I didn't see the game but I guess you're referring to them holding Gransberry to 7 points? He did have 18 rebounds.

I don't remember more than 2 offensive boards, and on the defensive end there were just a lot to pull down with UC shooting under 35%. I was very concerned about a loss going in to the game because of how well he can dominate the paint on the offensive end, and he did pretty much nothing on that side of the ball. He's a beast, and they did a great job containing him...

I don't remember more than 2 offensive boards, and on the defensive end there were just a lot to pull down with UC shooting under 35%. I was very concerned about a loss going in to the game because of how well he can dominate the paint on the offensive end, and he did pretty much nothing on that side of the ball. He's a beast, and they did a great job containing him...

 

Adam H. must have scared him? :D

 

How did the game end?

Bowling Green and St John's are the only bad Ls. If they go 4-1 to close out the season with the loss on the road, they have an argument. They played Memphis St within 10, X within 5 on the road and UConn within 1. Wins over top 20 RPI UL on the road and Pitt. Top 50 RPI wins over Cuse and at WVU. Top 100 win over Nova and at Seton Hall. When it comes to resume, you don't want to compare UC and UK, and I'll leave it at that...

UC lost to Seton Hall.

UC would have an argument, and their resume is at this point favorable.

UK has a chance to make hay over the next few games...they can pick up some wins over top 50 RPI and top 100 RPI teams.

One thing that must be considered and the committee does and that is injuries. UK has lost 30+ games to injuries to key personnel.

13-15 losses isn't going to cut it.

UC lost to Seton Hall.

UC would have an argument, and their resume is at this point favorable.

UK has a chance to make hay over the next few games...they can pick up some wins over top 50 RPI and top 100 RPI teams.

One thing that must be considered and the committee does and that is injuries. UK has lost 30+ games to injuries to key personnel.

13-15 losses isn't going to cut it.

Brain cramp. Duh.

Agreed.

UC has the same argument considering their next few games. UConn, Pitt and GTown are 3 of the last 5. That goes both ways.

UC has also had significant injuries with Jamual Warren missing the first 6 and Mike Williams the entire year. That's 30+ games to key personnel. :p

UC can get in at 13 Ls. UK can't IMO...

Adam H. must have scared him? :D

 

How did the game end?

3 bad shots by the Bulls.
Brain cramp. Duh.

Agreed.

UC has the same argument considering their next few games. UConn, Pitt and GTown are 3 of the last 5. That goes both ways.

UC has also had significant injuries with Jamual Warren missing the first 6 and Mike Williams the entire year. That's 30+ games to key personnel. :p

UC can get in at 13 Ls. UK can't IMO...

 

True, but UC was without Williams from day 1 of the season.

UC can make it with 13 losses but they need to be very close to 20 wins and the top 6 of the Big East to make that claim, because there are going to be some teams from within their own conference battling for the same at large.

I've said all along, UK needs to go 12-4 in the SEC which would give them the 2nd or 3rd best record in the conference, would mean they would have closed the regular season with 11 wins in 13 games, which is a factor the committee takes into consideration. It would make it harder for the committee to leapfrog teams over them from their own conference.

The fun thing is both have shots and it will not be easy, but they have a shot and it is something I didn't think they would have back in December.

True, but UC was without Williams from day 1 of the season.

UC can make it with 13 losses but they need to be very close to 20 wins and the top 6 of the Big East to make that claim, because there are going to be some teams from within their own conference battling for the same at large.

I've said all along, UK needs to go 12-4 in the SEC which would give them the 2nd or 3rd best record in the conference, would mean they would have closed the regular season with 11 wins in 13 games, which is a factor the committee takes into consideration. It would make it harder for the committee to leapfrog teams over them from their own conference.

The fun thing is both have shots and it will not be easy, but they have a shot and it is something I didn't think they would have back in December.

 

Agreed...

  • Author
Just listing what the committee would look at. If Belmont moves up 1 RPI spot it's Top 100 and not a bad loss...

 

Actually, the last RPI poll I saw had Belmont at 129, not 101. I would consider it a bad loss, but because it was so early in the season, it won't hurt them as bad. The one they should be kicking themselves for is the St. John's loss. No excuse for that, as they were starting to play some good ball at that point.

 

Gonna be hard enough to pick up one road one win the rest of the way, much less two. I like their chances at Pitt more than anywhere else, if I had to pick one. That UConn win would have looked great on their resume right now.

 

Ultimately, they'll be headed to NIT, which is more than acceptable given where this program was a year ago and what everyone was expecting out of them.

Actually, the last RPI poll I saw had Belmont at 129, not 101. I would consider it a bad loss, but because it was so early in the season, it won't hurt them as bad. The one they should be kicking themselves for is the St. John's loss. No excuse for that, as they were starting to play some good ball at that point.

 

Gonna be hard enough to pick up one road one win the rest of the way, much less two. I like their chances at Pitt more than anywhere else, if I had to pick one. That UConn win would have looked great on their resume right now.

 

Ultimately, they'll be headed to NIT, which is more than acceptable given where this program was a year ago and what everyone was expecting out of them.

http://www.realtimerpi.com has Belmont at 101. Other than that, agreed. I don't think they can go 4-1 to close it out, just saying they need to to have a chance...

IF UC can go 3-2 over their last 5 and win 1 or 2 games in the BEast tourney, they would have a really good shot at making the tourney.

 

With that being said though, a matchup with UK in the NIT wouldn't be a bad way to end the season.

Yes, they are on the bubble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.