Wealth redistribution

lynks66

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking taxes from the richest and dividing it out to the poorest in form of income, insurance, benefits, housing etc. seems a simple enough definition

Did you mean to say "taking money from the rich... " which is what taxation is correct? Taking taxes from the rich would be a tax break wouldn't it? Just wanted to clarify.

Did you mean to say "taking money from the rich... " which is what taxation is correct? Taking taxes from the rich would be a tax break wouldn't it? Just wanted to clarify.

Taxing the rich and then distributing out to the poor. Like Robin Hood. Taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

And I don't have a major issue with it.

It is hard for me to arguing that Shaq spending $2,300 a MONTH on his pets while others are starving is acceptable in this country.

Taxing the rich and then distributing out to the poor. Like Robin Hood. Taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

It is hard for me to arguing that Shaq spending $2,300 a MONTH on his pets while others are starving is acceptable in this country.

So if you earn your money (like Shaq), someone else should be able to take it from you and do with it as they see fit?

In my understanding of Robin Hood did he not steal from those who taxed (the government) to give to the poor? I could be wrong on this though.

I think that the Bible gives a great example of this... In Exodus, after a seven years a debt is forgiven, after person works for the other, no matter what the other person owes, an example of redistribution of wealth, because the other person did not become any richer, and the slate was wiped clean

So if you earn your money (like Shaq), someone else should be able to take it from you and do with it as they see fit?

The person should have the right to a comfortable life. But when it gets to the point of over-the-top ($2,400 per month for pets???), then for the benefit of society, I have no problem with it.

At the same time, I have a problem with those who would choose to only life the life of leeching off people and not trying to help themselves.

The person should have the right to a comfortable life. But when it gets to the point of over-the-top ($2,400 per month for pets???), then for the benefit of society, I have no problem with it.

At the same time, I have a problem with those who would choose to only life the life of leeching off people and not trying to help themselves.

Where would you draw that line on a "comfortable life?"

Is $2400 per month on pets equal to $1000 per month on a country club? $500 per month on golf? $200 per month on Bingo? $1000 per month at restaurants?

I was told that Chad Johnson goes to the same store every Tuesday during the season and spends $500 on CDs/DVDs. Should we take extra money from him because of this?

If they don't work, don't eat...