Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th vs 13th which region is stronger?

Featured Replies

How do you think these two neighboring regions stack up. I think they are kind of similar in that there are several teams with legit shots at winning the region and they do not have a team that is clearly better than the rest. For much of the season everyone, including myself had Lincoln on a pedestal above the rest of the 12th but with the Patriots loss to McCreary and close games with Boyle, Wayne and Southwestern in the past month I would rank them just a hair above the rest of the pack. Corbin was probably the consensus favorite in the 13th but a spanking by SL and close call to Pineville knocked them down a notch similar to Lincoln. So the 12th's Lincoln, McCreary, Somerset, Wayne, W Jess and Corbin, SL, Pineville, Cumberland, Knox Central and maybe Jackson Co of the 13th, how do you think they stack up against each other. List what schools you have seen from each region too. I've seen all of those teams in the 12th and Corbin, SL, Pineville and Knox Cen from the 13th.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12th is stronger at the top with Lincoln Co.

I am a 12th Region fan and I wish I could say the 12th region is better but this year I cant say that.

 

I base my opinion on this: If McCreary or Lincoln got to choose which regional tournament they would rather play in I beleive they would say the 12th Region.

 

If you ask Knox or Corbin they would probably choose the 12th region also.

 

 

Barring any major upsets what will the regional tournaments look like?

 

12th..................................... 13th

McCreary............................. Corbin

Lincoln................................ Knox

Wayne................................ SL

Somerset ............................Cumberland

West Jessamine.....................Pineville

Casey Co..............................NL

Boyle Co................................Clay Co

Mercer...................................?????

 

 

Pretty even with a very slight edge to the 13th this year

Im a 13th region fan I have watched several 12th region top teams and I think the 13th is stronger.

12th Region top to bottom, but the 13th has the better top tier teams. (i.e. I think Rockcastle or Pulaski County could beat up on Cawood or Barbourville and all 4 teams are about 9th or 10th in the region. Conversly, I think Corbin could or Pineville could wipe the floor with Somerset and Wayne County.)

 

All that I have said is purely my opinion.

I can promise you that us at East will beat Mercer if we play them again.

12th Region top to bottom, but the 13th has the better top tier teams. (i.e. I think Rockcastle or Pulaski County could beat up on Cawood or Barbourville and all 4 teams are about 9th or 10th in the region. Conversly, I think Corbin could or Pineville could wipe the floor with Somerset and Wayne County.)

 

All that I have said is purely my opinion.

 

Corbin has played the following 12th region teams:

 

Corbin 66 - Somerset 47

Corbin 78 - East Jessamine 47

Corbin 74 - Wayne Co. 67

Corbin 71 - Rockcastle 57

In overall strength, I think the 13th is a little stronger.

12th Region top to bottom, but the 13th has the better top tier teams. (i.e. I think Rockcastle or Pulaski County could beat up on Cawood or Barbourville and all 4 teams are about 9th or 10th in the region. Conversly, I think Corbin could or Pineville could wipe the floor with Somerset and Wayne County.)

 

All that I have said is purely my opinion.

 

 

 

Cawood missed a shot at the buzzer to beat Somerset in the tournament at London, and that was after Cawood lost one of its two best players to an injury. Cawood beat Somerset over the summer at full strength.

Also, saying Rock or PC could wipe the floor with Barbourville is a joke.

Play dinky in a one and done game, and the game would be CLOSE!

The 13th is the better region by a mile. Has been since the NL/SL exodus. Might've still been better even before that, as the 12th was pretty top heavy in the years leading up to the exodus.

13th is definitely stronger top to bottom, but the best team between both regions is Lincoln Co IMO

Cawood missed a shot at the buzzer to beat Somerset in the tournament at London, and that was after Cawood lost one of its two best players to an injury. Cawood beat Somerset over the summer at full strength.

 

Yes but Somerset was also up by double digits that entire game and let cawood back in the game there at the end.. Jumpers werent playing very good basketball during that tourny and if they play again Somerset by 20 plus..

The 13th is the best region in the mountains every year

Overall the 13th. Lincoln is probably the best team and the best coached of both regions.

 

However, I don't think anyone in the 12th-16th region can take it all and the only way they win a first round game is to play each other.

 

Otherwise, its one and done.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.