12th vs 13th which region is stronger?

How do you think these two neighboring regions stack up. I think they are kind of similar in that there are several teams with legit shots at winning the region and they do not have a team that is clearly better than the rest. For much of the season everyone, including myself had Lincoln on a pedestal above the rest of the 12th but with the Patriots loss to McCreary and close games with Boyle, Wayne and Southwestern in the past month I would rank them just a hair above the rest of the pack. Corbin was probably the consensus favorite in the 13th but a spanking by SL and close call to Pineville knocked them down a notch similar to Lincoln. So the 12th's Lincoln, McCreary, Somerset, Wayne, W Jess and Corbin, SL, Pineville, Cumberland, Knox Central and maybe Jackson Co of the 13th, how do you think they stack up against each other. List what schools you have seen from each region too. I've seen all of those teams in the 12th and Corbin, SL, Pineville and Knox Cen from the 13th.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 12th Region fan and I wish I could say the 12th region is better but this year I cant say that.

I base my opinion on this: If McCreary or Lincoln got to choose which regional tournament they would rather play in I beleive they would say the 12th Region.

If you ask Knox or Corbin they would probably choose the 12th region also.

Barring any major upsets what will the regional tournaments look like?

12th..................................... 13th

McCreary............................. Corbin

Lincoln................................ Knox

Wayne................................ SL

Somerset ............................Cumberland

West Jessamine.....................Pineville

Casey Co..............................NL

Boyle Co................................Clay Co

Mercer...................................?????

Pretty even with a very slight edge to the 13th this year

12th Region top to bottom, but the 13th has the better top tier teams. (i.e. I think Rockcastle or Pulaski County could beat up on Cawood or Barbourville and all 4 teams are about 9th or 10th in the region. Conversly, I think Corbin could or Pineville could wipe the floor with Somerset and Wayne County.)

All that I have said is purely my opinion.

12th Region top to bottom, but the 13th has the better top tier teams. (i.e. I think Rockcastle or Pulaski County could beat up on Cawood or Barbourville and all 4 teams are about 9th or 10th in the region. Conversly, I think Corbin could or Pineville could wipe the floor with Somerset and Wayne County.)

Corbin has played the following 12th region teams:

Corbin 66 - Somerset 47

Corbin 78 - East Jessamine 47

Corbin 74 - Wayne Co. 67

Corbin 71 - Rockcastle 57

Cawood missed a shot at the buzzer to beat Somerset in the tournament at London, and that was after Cawood lost one of its two best players to an injury. Cawood beat Somerset over the summer at full strength.

Cawood missed a shot at the buzzer to beat Somerset in the tournament at London, and that was after Cawood lost one of its two best players to an injury. Cawood beat Somerset over the summer at full strength.

Yes but Somerset was also up by double digits that entire game and let cawood back in the game there at the end.. Jumpers werent playing very good basketball during that tourny and if they play again Somerset by 20 plus..

Overall the 13th. Lincoln is probably the best team and the best coached of both regions.

However, I don't think anyone in the 12th-16th region can take it all and the only way they win a first round game is to play each other.

Otherwise, its one and done.