2008 Hazard Schedule

bill_ed

I thought the new Harlan County High School was playing Hazard in Week 6?

I think everyone thought the Harlan County/ Hazard game was a go. It was even in the Harlan daily surprise. I think a lot of people have changed their own thinking since we hired coach Larkey. I just hope Harlan County High can get enough games to complete the schedule. My thinking on it would be with it being a new school and with Larkey as coach, you had better get Harlan County in the beginning because Larkey will build a program in the coming years without a doubt.

I think everyone thought the Harlan County/ Hazard game was a go. It was even in the Harlan daily surprise. I think a lot of people have changed their own thinking since we hired coach Larkey. I just hope Harlan County High can get enough games to complete the schedule. My thinking on it would be with it being a new school and with Larkey as coach, you had better get Harlan County in the beginning because Larkey will build a program in the coming years without a doubt.

Call Bell, they may work something out for the week of Cumberland. They play Leslie , so the three may get something worked out.

:thumb: I agree! Hazard was chopping at the bits to get Harlan County on the schedule before the coach was named. They had called several times to talk about the game/contract, but since the hiring of Larkey school officials from Harlan County haven't been able to get a response back from them. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but it does seem a little strange.

:thumb: I agree! Hazard was chopping at the bits to get Harlan County on the schedule before the coach was named. They had called several times to talk about the game/contract, but since the hiring of Larkey school officials from Harlan County haven't been able to get a response back from them. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but it does seem a little strange.

With all due respect to Coach Larkey and Harlan County, Hazard isn't avoiding anybody. I believe the discussions concerned week 1. Hazard got a better deal to play Green County at Lexington Catholic. Hazard still has two open dates and one game to fill. I'm sure Coach Dixon would like the opportunity to fill the schedule.