Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell Co. 60 Cumberland 58 (OT)

Featured Replies

The top 5 to 10 officals in the 13th are very good. But with the 3 man crew rotations it seems many of the third officals are lacking some experience. I feel the 13th has allowed too much physical play this season in the games I have witnessed. Not sure how the 14th handles hand checks and fore arms into people driving to the basket. If you get to top 6 for the boys then you will be fine. The number 12 thru about 30 spots are the ones where work needs to be done in the off season to help them improve.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't heard one poster try to explain how 4 different acts on the court (1.ball tipped up in the air, 2. ball caught and pulled down, 3. ball dribbled with at least one step, maybe two and 4. a shot released) all in 1.0 seconds!!!!! Also, not even mentioned because there has been so much talk of this play, is the last possesion of regulation with either 1.3 or 1.8 seconds on the clock Cumberland inbounded the ball at half court to Johnson and Zachary going after the ball very hard collided into Johnson clearly knocking him completely off balance thus making it impossible to get a shot off before the buzzer. From what I was told, one of the officials told Cumberland's coaches that they didnt think the game should end on a foul like that???? Then they had the nerve to call that last basket in overtime good and sprint off the floor like they had just robbed a bank or something and not even give Cumberland enough respect to stop and all 3 of them discuss such an important play and make sure they all agreed whether or not the goal was good. I mean PLAIN AND SIMPLE that is just ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT and I would really hate to see that ever happen to any team in the 13th region ever again!!!! Is that the way sweet 16 state championship[ game would ever end?? ABSOLUTELY NOT, the 3 officials would get together and very thoroughly discuss what had happened and make a group decision, so why should a big District showdown game in this region be handled any different?????

 

Cumberland did get some bad calls in the All A game with Pineville. But they also made so poor coaching decisions which allowes Pineville to win as well.

is the last possesion of regulation with either 1.3 or 1.8 seconds on the clock Cumberland inbounded the ball at half court to Johnson and Zachary going after the ball very hard collided into Johnson clearly knocking him completely off balance thus making it impossible to get a shot off before the buzzer. From what I was told, one of the officials told Cumberland's coaches that they didnt think the game should end on a foul like that????

 

 

Very easily could have been a charge on Johnson who lowered his shoulder. Both players were making a play on the ball.

Very easily could have been a charge on Johnson who lowered his shoulder. Both players were making a play on the ball.
You have absolutely got to be kidding!! Johnson caught the ball and and was knocked backwards before he even had a chance to lower his shoulder Leo. I have watched it on video about 100 times and I can guarantee you he did not lower his shoulder! Johnson came and met the ball, was turning and was hit from behind man and knocked backwards and off balance. I have no idea what you could have been looking at!!! Zachary also threw his hands up in the air, the thing kids always do when they have fouled someone and are trying to make it look like they really didnt foul when they know that they definitely did.
Why would you watch that play on video 100 times?

 

I have watched both controversial plays several times. Why? It's like watching a train wreck!!! If this happened to you, you would watch it several times trying to find justification of the calls or lack thereof. It's unbelievable that these 2 plays happened in the same game. And you know what else is unbelievable, these officials will probably do post season assignments.

There is a "Redskin Hater" club out there. And it seems to be a pretty good size club. From what I heard there were a lot of questionable things that went on during and after the game. The skins and their staff just have to understand this is the way it is going to be. With success comes doubters.

You have absolutely got to be kidding!! Johnson caught the ball and and was knocked backwards before he even had a chance to lower his shoulder Leo. I have watched it on video about 100 times and I can guarantee you he did not lower his shoulder! Johnson came and met the ball, was turning and was hit from behind man and knocked backwards and off balance. I have no idea what you could have been looking at!!! Zachary also threw his hands up in the air, the thing kids always do when they have fouled someone and are trying to make it look like they really didnt foul when they know that they definitely did.

 

Of course I just watched it live and not a 100 times. If you look at something enough you will justify your argument.

 

Why do you then suspect C'land is always on the short end of the calls? Could it be a conspiracy against the Redskins? Could it be J. Edgar Hoover is against the C'land basketball team?

 

 

I think not.

Of course I just watched it live and not a 100 times. If you look at something enough you will justify your argument.

 

Why do you then suspect C'land is always on the short end of the calls? Could it be a conspiracy against the Redskins? Could it be J. Edgar Hoover is against the C'land basketball team?

 

 

I think not.

 

I think so. And J. Edgar Hoover would be the perfect one to do it for various reasons.

Of course I just watched it live and not a 100 times. If you look at something enough you will justify your argument.

 

Why do you then suspect C'land is always on the short end of the calls? Could it be a conspiracy against the Redskins? Could it be J. Edgar Hoover is against the C'land basketball team?

 

 

I think not.

What are you talking about pal? (always on the short end?) they have only lost 2 games in the region and both were very controversial. This particular game clearly had a couple of more than controversial calls!! The other game they lost was controversial also, but this one was Ridiculous. As for watching the tape, one reason is to make sure I am accurate when commenting on it. Contrary to you, making bold comments from your view point way up in the rafters. You did say you were sitting at the top of the stands didnt you????
  • Author

Either discuss the game and not the personal jabs, or this one is done.

There is a "Redskin Hater" club out there. And it seems to be a pretty good size club. From what I heard there were a lot of questionable things that went on during and after the game. The skins and their staff just have to understand this is the way it is going to be. With success comes doubters.

 

I know that Cumberland was on the short end of a few calls in this game. However, calls USUALLY will work out in the end. In this game it didn't seem to work out that way but I am positive it will in the end. The people who support Cumberland need to let this go because it can and will have a negative impact on the team. The attitude of everyone is out to get us and the ref's are going to do us in can really factor in on a teams mind. Cumberland needs to focus and get back to doing the little things that they have done all year. Hit the tournament hard and play with confidence. If they do that I think they will be fine. Go Skins.

I know that Cumberland was on the short end of a few calls in this game. However, calls USUALLY will work out in the end. In this game it didn't seem to work out that way but I am positive it will in the end. The people who support Cumberland need to let this go because it can and will have a negative impact on the team. The attitude of everyone is out to get us and the ref's are going to do us in can really factor in on a teams mind. Cumberland needs to focus and get back to doing the little things that they have done all year. Hit the tournament hard and play with confidence. If they do that I think they will be fine. Go Skins.

 

Very true once you get the opinion that refs are out for you, as a fan and player it will always appear that they are!!

 

C'land still has the one of the most talented teams in the region and IMO has an excellent chance to win the region. Coaching really limits them and allows them to get caught up in everything else besides the game itself.

 

Old school if you were indeed at the game you would have noticed the upper bleachers were not even rolled out, so at the top of the bleachers was maybe 30 ft. away.

I know that Cumberland was on the short end of a few calls in this game. However, calls USUALLY will work out in the end. In this game it didn't seem to work out that way but I am positive it will in the end. The people who support Cumberland need to let this go because it can and will have a negative impact on the team. The attitude of everyone is out to get us and the ref's are going to do us in can really factor in on a teams mind. Cumberland needs to focus and get back to doing the little things that they have done all year. Hit the tournament hard and play with confidence. If they do that I think they will be fine. Go Skins.
Very good post sir with a lot of good points. I believe Cumberland will be fine as long as they keep playing good solid defense like they always have and remain confident in themselves regardless of what has happened. I actually have always promoted a positive outlook toward officiating, believing that everyone gets bad calls and that you have to be mentally tough enough to overcome them. Sometimes however, when games that take championships away such as the All A Regional and the District regular season title it just really hurts a little more than just another regular season game. Having said all I have I do believe the Skins will regroup and bring their very best to the tournament and make the people of the Tri-City area very proud of them.
Very good post sir with a lot of good points. I believe Cumberland will be fine as long as they keep playing good solid defense like they always have and remain confident in themselves regardless of what has happened. I actually have always promoted a positive outlook toward officiating, believing that everyone gets bad calls and that you have to be mentally tough enough to overcome them. Sometimes however, when games that take championships away such as the All A Regional and the District regular season title it just really hurts a little more than just another regular season game. Having said all I have I do believe the Skins will regroup and bring their very best to the tournament and make the people of the Tri-City area very proud of them.

 

I understand more than you know Doc. I am hoping for a long, long run by the Skins in the post season. Lets get the chop going and keeping it going all the way to Rupp.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.