Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This day in history: Dan Issel

Featured Replies

Dan Issel fouled out on a very questionable call in that Jacksonville game.

Don't remind me. I'm still madder than a wet hornet over that call, and it's been 38 years.:mad: :fight:

I would think that would be safe to say.

 

 

Dan Issel was imo the best to ever play at U.K.! I can't hardly pick one player as "the best ever" though, there have been too many great ones. Although it would be hard to pick anyone over Dan Issel.

Anyway, Dan Issel along with Kevin Grevey, Ken Walker and Jeff Sheppard are my all time U.K. players.

 

Also, remember that was a time when Freshmen did not play "varsity" and Issel had these numbers in a 3 year time span ;).

 

Dan Issel holds the Season scoring record - 948pts. (1969-70), Carrer Scoring record-2,138pts. (1968-70), Single season scoring per game avg. 33.9 pts. per game (1969-70), Carrer scoring avg. per game avg. 25.8 (1968-70)

 

Issel also holds the U.K. carrer rebounding records - 1,078reb. (12.9 avg. per game)

 

:thumb::thumb:

:thumb::thumb:

 

I would also have to add Jack Givens and Kyle Macy to my all time U.K. favorites. :thumb:

Dan Issel was the man back in those days,alot of great memories during his three years at Kentucky.:thumb:

Dan Issel was the man back in those days,alot of great memories during his three years at Kentucky.:thumb:

 

That is the thing, a lot of people don't know or don't remember and take into consideration that guys like Issel and "Pistol" Pete Maravich put up those numbers in three years , not four.

Just how amazing would it have been to look at their stats/four year numbers if they were allowed to play as freshmen then :eek::thumb:.

Dan Issel will and always be my favorite UK basketball of all time. I remember listening to all their games on the radio before I went to bed every nite. I was just talking about him last night with some friends. Thanks. JD

 

 

:thumb: Ahhhh, to hear Cawood call it again. "Dinwiddie at the top of the key. Passes down low to Issel. Big Dan turns, lays it in!!!!"

:thumb: Ahhhh, to hear Cawood call it again. "Dinwiddie at the top of the key. Passes down low to Issel. Big Dan turns, lays it in!!!!"

 

:thumb: I miss Cawood everytime I tune into a game... THE BEST to ever sit behind a michrophone and call a game.

 

R.I.P. Cawood Ledford.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.