February 4, 200818 yr The Pats are an afterthought, they were never the best team ever and they have FINALLY gotten exposed.
February 4, 200818 yr As a Pats fan, I am a little worried about next year. They have some free agents, they are getting old on the defensive side of the ball. And the biggest thing that worries me is, how do you come back and play great football again next season after a great year like this? Sure you could argue that they are going to be very motivated to win, but I am afraid this game tonight could haunt them for a long, long time.
February 4, 200818 yr Sure you could argue that they are going to be very motivated to win, but I am afraid this game tonight could haunt them for a long, long time. Good, it couldn't happen to a more DIS-honest FRANCHISE.
February 4, 200818 yr Good, it couldn't happen to a more DIS-honest FRANCHISE. The only difference between the Pats and everyone else is they got caught...
February 4, 200818 yr The only difference between the Pats and everyone else is they got caught... sad excuse..... and I don't buy it.
February 4, 200818 yr Author The only difference between the Pats and everyone else is they got caught... Completely true. Don't have a problem with what they did at all. Lets move on. With a close eye on them this year they went 18-1. Drop spygate.
February 5, 200818 yr No chance, they are old and have far too many free agents, including Moss who is going to get PAID! :thumb: I don't expect to ever see another team enter the Super Bowl undefeated in my lifetime...that, more than any other reason, is why I wanted New England to finish the deal. I wanted to see history made. I wouldn't be surprised to see them return to the big game and win it, but they won't be 18-0 when they get there...
February 5, 200818 yr I think they go 11-5 or somewhere near that and lose in the Divisional round. I wonder what kind of hangover they're going to have from this...I mean, I know they're the kings of being mentally tough and focused, but this has to be one of the most devastating losses in NFL and Super Bowl history. I just don't see any one or team getting over this easy. They put a lot into this season, and now the whole season is basically a failure...amazing that you can say that about an 18-1 season, but seriously, if you win them all but the Super Bowl...ouch! Plus, the defense is aging and isn't as good as it used to be...although they really played great against the Giants. It's ironice that the Pats offense is what let them down on the biggest stage...more specifically, the offensive line. To be honest, I think they'd be better off going back a more balanced offensive style rather than relying so much on the pass. I can't help but think about my high school's football team when I look at the Pats...we won state titles in 1995 and 1996 with really good and balanced offensive teams and great defenses...in 1997, the offense still had balance but was more pass happy and more explosive, while the defense wasn't as good. A lot of people think it's the best team in school history, yet they lost in the regional championship. New England is similar...you could argue that this was their best team this decade, and they lost with a similar set up. Anyway, no point really in that, just a thought that came to me.
February 5, 200818 yr Author I think they go 11-5 or somewhere near that and lose in the Divisional round. Yeah, to the Bengals... Banana time... :banana:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.