Holmes 63 vs Beechwood 29

Interesting. I still thought beechwood would do a little better. They played Cov Cath fairly close last week. Wonder what this says about the Cov Cath/Holmes game? Did beechwood play their starters the whole game, or throw in the towel early?

I heard from my reliable source who went to the game that the starters were pulled with about 3 minutes left in the third quarter, but there wasnt much scoring in the 4th quarter by Holmes. I heard alot of good things about Henderson and that he had a few monster dunks on the night. How tall is he? If i remember correctly i thought he was around 5'11".

Did Hall do anything tonight? I know there was alot of hype about him earlier in the season about him being a Div. 1 prospect (which i thought was crazy). I was wondering if he could do anything against a good team.

Whoever said this doesn't know basketball at all. He is a pretty good stand alone shooter, but let's face it, he is not going D1, D2, or possibly not even D3.

I saw in the paper that his brother Nick Hall is getting some quality playing time. What year is he? This Beechwood team seems to be in a slump of late without there IMO best player Brian Romes. He is much more than a scoring presence but also a good defender. He has a bright future ahead of him as i definantly see him playing at the next level.

Just how good do you all think this Holmes team can be? They have really taken some teams to the wood shed lately. They seem to be possibly one the teams to watch for come March with their only loss at this point in the season being to Male by 4 or 5 points (Male seems to be quite a team themselves after winning KOB).

If Holmes can improve there outside shooting as a team they can be VERY dangerous. They seem very reluctant to shoot the open 3pt shot and want to take everything to the basket. They are very athletic and they can win many of there games in NKY on pure athleticism. When they play teams that can match there athleticism they need to have good shooting. That being said i think that Holmes is the best team in the 9th and is 10 points better than Cov Cath. Should be a thriller against CCH tuesday.

I could see a really tough game for Holmes on Feb. 7 @ Highlands. It could, unless somebody plays really well against Holmes before then, be the only shot of stopping Holmes from an undeafeated regular season against 9th region competition. The way Holmes seems to playing right now it's going to take a special effort by any team in NK to beat them.