Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Unforgetables

Featured Replies

^Amen, but you can thank that team and the few teams after it for the fan base's current state.

 

:rolleyes:I believe this is just one example of what the original post was talking about....:sleep:

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok buddy, I know you are a UK fan and all but you are forgetting something. As fans of any sport and team we have the right to criticize our beloved team. It's part of the game. Every team is criticized over something. Just look at it this way, if UK wasn't criticized it would mean no one cared, which everyone still cares because UK is UK and the fans don't want to see them continue this downward spiral! :thumb:

 

You have made some good points wioth this one imo and have done it in a way w/o ranting and raving :thumb:. I don't mind post that disagree with me (although it wasn't disagreeing with me on this one) when they are put this way.

Yes, critisizing is a part of being a U.K. fan and imo we all have over something at one time or another. What I get fed up with is the constant (no class) bashing that some do.

These imo are the type that if we went 32-0,. won a NC they would gripe about the margin of victory on some games or that we didn't schedule more games to get more wins or anything esle they could come up with..........:D

  • Author
I would argue that you are a bigger or better UK fan than I but, I realize this team is not very good, they dont IMO play hard,play defense, rebound,play smart(turnovers), they play selfish(some) not all. Its things like these that make this team hard to watch. I also realize its not going to be this way very long. Dont forget why those banners of The Unforgetables is hanging in the rafters its not because of talent or won-lose record but how hard they played and competed each night against better talent. I dont cry,sling snot, or lose sleep when this team loses I shake my head, laugh and look forward to a better day (2 yrs hopefully).

 

As a fan I believe I am at least giving the same effort as were getting.

 

Dont go out and look for any bridges to jump off of things will be better soon.:D

 

 

 

I can understand your point. I to feel the same way about this team as far as the things you listed and sometimes that makes it difficult to not criticize and gripe about the current team. But then I try to think back about the past team such as the Unforgetables and I remember that I cheer for the UK on their chest, for the ones who paved the way for this program and made it the winningest in NCAA bball, and for the ones that will come in the future to continue the tradition and then I stick my chest out and raise my head and try to be a positive realistic pro-active fan. Nothing is going to come from me griping online or calling radio shows and act like an idiot. But maybe if I can be a "true" fan, like the way it used to be, it may just help change the present reputation of the UK fanbase and maybe....just maybe it may help the program in the future land a blue chip who wants a great fanbase to play for.

1. The team had some Ky kids who understood the passion of UK basketball.

2. Pitino's teams were just fun to watch. Up tempo, lots of points, i.e. "Kentucky basketball". How could you not get excited about some of the 95-90 Ky/Arkansas battles?

 

I don't recall falling asleep during many of the games during that era like I seem to do now!

 

When did Kentucky basketball become known up tempo type style? Some of you all do realize that Rick Pitino did not create UK basketball, so just because he ran a fast pace style doesn't mean that it was "Kentucky Basketball" as you call it...

  • Author
Ok buddy, I know you are a UK fan and all but you are forgetting something. As fans of any sport and team we have the right to criticize our beloved team. It's part of the game. Every team is criticized over something. Just look at it this way, if UK wasn't criticized it would mean no one cared, which everyone still cares because UK is UK and the fans don't want to see them continue this downward spiral! :thumb:

 

 

You have a right to do just about anything but that doesn't make it right. You don't have to criticize a team just to show your support. Criticizing your team doesn't make you more of a fan that someone who chooses not to, it makes you an ignorant fan. I'm not saying when you talk amongst your friends about your team, I'm speaking of doing it on a public forum like the radio or internet. When I say ignorant I mean the definition of the word. It doesn't mean stupid or anything negative, it simply means "not knowing". And to me a vocal UK critic does not know or realize that they are doing more damage than good. There's a difference between UK fans and UK critics. Sure, I guess it's your right to criticize your team but what good does that do? How does that help your team? My point is that it doesn't do any good, so what's the point. It has done absolutely nothing but give UK fans the bad reputation of the present day.

You have a right to do just about anything but that doesn't make it right. You don't have to criticize a team just to show your support. Criticizing your team doesn't make you more of a fan that someone who chooses not to, it makes you an ignorant fan. I'm not saying when you talk amongst your friends about your team, I'm speaking of doing it on a public forum like the radio or internet. When I say ignorant I mean the definition of the word. It doesn't mean stupid or anything negative, it simply means "not knowing". And to me a vocal UK critic does not know or realize that they are doing more damage than good. There's a difference between UK fans and UK critics. Sure, I guess it's your right to criticize your team but what good does that do? How does that help your team? My point is that it doesn't do any good, so what's the point. It has done absolutely nothing but give UK fans the bad reputation of the present day.

 

Maybe UK fans are reaping what they have sowed. For instance wanting Tubby gone and not they are stuck with BCG. Support him all you want but OTS never had as bad as losses as he has had in 10 years. Ten loss Tubby as you fans called him will dance with Minnesota and UK and BCG can look to sign up for dance lessons. The fans were cheering at Rupp when the news broke at the HS sweet sixteen, I hope that UK spirals down in flames that they created with unreal expectations that no one can live up to.

You have a right to do just about anything but that doesn't make it right. You don't have to criticize a team just to show your support. Criticizing your team doesn't make you more of a fan that someone who chooses not to, it makes you an ignorant fan. I'm not saying when you talk amongst your friends about your team, I'm speaking of doing it on a public forum like the radio or internet. When I say ignorant I mean the definition of the word. It doesn't mean stupid or anything negative, it simply means "not knowing". And to me a vocal UK critic does not know or realize that they are doing more damage than good. There's a difference between UK fans and UK critics. Sure, I guess it's your right to criticize your team but what good does that do? How does that help your team? My point is that it doesn't do any good, so what's the point. It has done absolutely nothing but give UK fans the bad reputation of the present day.

 

This post cracks me up! So now fans are ignorant if they criticize a teams performance? That does't even make sense. So I guess ESPN analysts along with other sport analysts are also "ignorant" because they criticize teams when they are not doing well.

 

 

There is a difference between criticizing a team and flat out being irrational about a teams expectations or results.

 

The point of the matter is this, yes, this is a public forum, we pay a fee, to be able to express our opinions, so whether it does good or not, we still have the right.

 

 

I say go over to the P&R forum and try and tell them to quit criticizing because it will do no good because it makes them ignorant, see what kind of response you get, because I'm sure it's the same about UK basketball! :thumb:

When did Kentucky basketball become known up tempo type style? Some of you all do realize that Rick Pitino did not create UK basketball, so just because he ran a fast pace style doesn't mean that it was "Kentucky Basketball" as you call it...

 

Amen fc...Amen :ylsuper:- I had said basically this same thing on various other threads before on here.

 

News Flash (for anyone that may not know):D: Rick Pitino did not invent the game of Basketball and he did not Build the U.K. Wildcat Basketball Tradition. What he did for us in his time here was great and will always be apprecated but...................he far from "the Father of U.K. Basketball". I think that he coached his teams in a building that carries a man's name that may have had something to do with it. Lets see now......who the heck is the "Rupp" guy and what did he do:eek:?? . IMO the U.K. Tradition is "Winning" and to me it really doesn't matter what style we win with as long as we win.

 

In some of the ones on here defense, a lot of them may not be old enough to remember U.K. basketball before Pitino.:thumb:

When did Kentucky basketball become known up tempo type style? Some of you all do realize that Rick Pitino did not create UK basketball, so just because he ran a fast pace style doesn't mean that it was "Kentucky Basketball" as you call it...

 

UK sometimes averaged in the nineties when Adolph Rupp was there. When UK used to run fast breaks, when Pitino was there, announcers would often say things like, "well KY's been doing this since they've been a basketball team." Basketball in Kentucky did exist before Tubby Smith was there. I think people would have enjoyed basketball back then.

:rolleyes:I believe this is just one example of what the original post was talking about....:sleep:

 

The truth hurts.

You have a right to do just about anything but that doesn't make it right. You don't have to criticize a team just to show your support. Criticizing your team doesn't make you more of a fan that someone who chooses not to, it makes you an ignorant fan. I'm not saying when you talk amongst your friends about your team, I'm speaking of doing it on a public forum like the radio or internet. When I say ignorant I mean the definition of the word. It doesn't mean stupid or anything negative, it simply means "not knowing". And to me a vocal UK critic does not know or realize that they are doing more damage than good. There's a difference between UK fans and UK critics. Sure, I guess it's your right to criticize your team but what good does that do? How does that help your team? My point is that it doesn't do any good, so what's the point. It has done absolutely nothing but give UK fans the bad reputation of the present day.

 

Great Post an comments BB, absolutely correct. We all critisize to some extent at times but the constant bashing tells more about the "bashers" than the one/ones that they are critisizing. I am not singling anyone out personally on here at all, there several that fit in this group. They may honestly think that they are dong good for the team that they support and claim to be a fan of but they imo are doing the exact opposite. I have seen fans of all teams do this on here, not just U.K.

The truth hurts.

 

Doesn't bother me at all :lol::thumb:, I happen to know the truth.....:sleep:

Doesn't bother me at all :lol::thumb:, I happen to know the truth.....:sleep:

 

I'm more like Tom Cruise from "A Few Good Men," I dont' think I can handle the truth.

  • Author
This post cracks me up! So now fans are ignorant if they criticize a teams performance? That does't even make sense. So I guess ESPN analysts along with other sport analysts are also "ignorant" because they criticize teams when they are not doing well.

 

 

There is a difference between criticizing a team and flat out being irrational about a teams expectations or results.

 

The point of the matter is this, yes, this is a public forum, we pay a fee, to be able to express our opinions, so whether it does good or not, we still have the right.

 

 

I say go over to the P&R forum and try and tell them to quit criticizing because it will do no good because it makes them ignorant, see what kind of response you get, because I'm sure it's the same about UK basketball! :thumb:

 

 

Analyst are completely different them fans! How can you even make that comparison. Analyst are paid to criticize and analize, that's what they do. If you would read my post careful and not just see what you want o see you will see my point.

 

Sure, you paid your money. You can act like an idiot if you want, my point is to you .......what good does it do? To make you feel better? Is that why? If so, you're an ignorant fan. You put your feelings in front of your teams, period. It doesn't help your team at all and it only makes things worst. That's my point. I never said you didn't have a right to act like a fool if you want but all you do is hurt the reputation of the fanbase and eventually the program.

  • Author
Maybe UK fans are reaping what they have sowed. For instance wanting Tubby gone and not they are stuck with BCG. Support him all you want but OTS never had as bad as losses as he has had in 10 years. Ten loss Tubby as you fans called him will dance with Minnesota and UK and BCG can look to sign up for dance lessons. The fans were cheering at Rupp when the news broke at the HS sweet sixteen, I hope that UK spirals down in flames that they created with unreal expectations that no one can live up to.

 

This comes from a self-describe UK hater! So I just disregard your comments on UK. Sorry Brother, you know I love ya but I know your feelings of UK and they're not pleasent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.