Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region All A Discussion

Featured Replies

Pineville, if they do not beat Cumberland, will give Cumberland a game.

Doesn't matter if it goes into the triple overtime and Cumberland wins on a last second 60 footer. Cumberland still wins. Almost winning never shows up in the Wins and Losses. Cumberland has too much talent for Pineville. They will not lose to Pineville on any court.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me being from Cumberland originally and being a Corbin alum, that 2003 year was special to me. That Cumberland team was overlooked all year long. It was rightfully so due to their record but of all people, I was one of about 2 to predict that region title. I'm not tooting my horn or anything for predicting but that was a fun run in that season. That Cumberland team really stepped it up that year. Eddie Creech was unstoppable that tournament, especially against Rockcastle but one player on that team that didn't get enough credit was Charles Price. Creech provided the points, Hayned provided the rebounding but Charles Price was an absolute terror on defense in that tournament.

I see a few people doubting Pineville because of a close win against an avg team at best. You need to realize a few things before you jump the gun! They normally do not play well against Lynn Camp in the first place! Pineville was a double digit favorite in 2005-2006 and lost to Lynn Camp by two in the first round of district at home! Other things to look at are the characteristics of a good team. Pineville went into Lynn Camp's home court and beat them under pressure of an upset in overtime with an amazing free throw percentage. Pineville is a top team in the region and over looking them will prove costly!

Pineville nor Middlesboro will beat Cumberland on any court. Pineville needed overtime and a crazy amount of free throws to beat Lynn Camp tonight and Middlesboro lost to overrated Bell County tonight.

 

Yes Cumberland would be favored over these two teams but anything can happen anynight.

Me being from Cumberland originally and being a Corbin alum, that 2003 year was special to me. That Cumberland team was overlooked all year long. It was rightfully so due to their record but of all people, I was one of about 2 to predict that region title. I'm not tooting my horn or anything for predicting but that was a fun run in that season. That Cumberland team really stepped it up that year. Eddie Creech was unstoppable that tournament, especially against Rockcastle but one player on that team that didn't get enough credit was Charles Price. Creech provided the points, Hayned provided the rebounding but Charles Price was an absolute terror on defense in that tournament.

 

I have kept up with basketball in the 13th for many years. Who is Charles Price? I do not remember him at all. Refresh my memory please or maybe HDE can help, or Old School, he is a Cland fan.

I think he was the 6th man. I just remember him coming in during those games and putting all sorts of pressure on the go to guys for the other team. He was doing his best to keep David Vance from Barbourville from doing anything. Again, not the only reason that Cumberland won that tournament but Price's defense off the bench was very key.

I have kept up with basketball in the 13th for many years. Who is Charles Price? I do not remember him at all. Refresh my memory please or maybe HDE can help, or Old School, he is a Cland fan.

 

 

 

He didn't play much, but I'll take Hound's word that he made a big contribution in the tournament. He averaged 2.0 points a game. I'd guess he was more an eighth or ninth man, behind Battle, Lawson and Maggard (the starters were Creech, Haynes, Smith, McIlquham and Sturgill). Creech is the one I remember dominating, and they all did have a good tournament defensively.

 

It seems I remember Hound picking Corbin to win the region that year and make a run at the state. He did stay on the Cumberland bandwagon all year though, even when they had a losing record late in the regular season.

I see a few people doubting Pineville because of a close win against an avg team at best. You need to realize a few things before you jump the gun! They normally do not play well against Lynn Camp in the first place! Pineville was a double digit favorite in 2005-2006 and lost to Lynn Camp by two in the first round of district at home! Other things to look at are the characteristics of a good team. Pineville went into Lynn Camp's home court and beat them under pressure of an upset in overtime with an amazing free throw percentage. Pineville is a top team in the region and over looking them will prove costly!

 

I agree. Pineville beat Cumberland last year in Cumberland. I bet Cumberland won't over look them.

I think he was the 6th man. I just remember him coming in during those games and putting all sorts of pressure on the go to guys for the other team. He was doing his best to keep David Vance from Barbourville from doing anything. Again, not the only reason that Cumberland won that tournament but Price's defense off the bench was very key.

 

Thanks. He just escaped me. I guess I was so used to hearing Creech and Haynes. Also I think the big kid McIlquham was big in that regional run.

Why is it that when a team like Pineville, undoubtedly an excellent team, plays a tem like Lynn Camp, they (Pineville) have a bad game when it is close? Could it actually be that Lynn Camp played very well and that they are actually a better team than anyone wants to give them credit for being?

I have seen that LC bunch play and they have talent, athleticism, and most importantly heart. I wouldn't count them out of the All "A" chase just yet. :sssh:

I have seen that LC bunch play and they have talent, athleticism, and most importantly heart. I wouldn't count them out of the All "A" chase just yet. :sssh:

 

 

 

Consistency may be the only problem then, but I thought Evarts had a lot more heart in the game I saw, even though Lynn Camp had the edge in talent. How did they lose to Jackson County by 60?

I was at that game and Jackson County just flat out outplayed Lynn Camp. Size played a difference as well.

The Campers have some underrated players, but they need to improve on defense.

I think constistency is definetly an issue for the Camp. As for the Evarts game that was LCs third game of the week. Including a heartbreaking loss to a very good Jackson Co. Team. I think the spread was more like 30 rather than 60 if I'm not mistaken. I don't beleive that Jackson Co. outplayed LC as much as LC played themselves out of the game. A few stupid mistakes and they took themselves right out of it. It was an even game for almost three quarters.

I think constistency is definetly an issue for the Camp. As for the Evarts game that was LCs third game of the week. Including a heartbreaking loss to a very good Jackson Co. Team. I think the spread was more like 30 rather than 60 if I'm not mistaken. I don't beleive that Jackson Co. outplayed LC as much as LC played themselves out of the game. A few stupid mistakes and they took themselves right out of it. It was an even game for almost three quarters.

 

Looked it up the actual score was Jackson Co.100 LC 64, 36 point loss. IMO Jackson outplayed LC badly in the second half, game was not close after half time. Jackson Co. could cause alot of noise in the region if they make it there. Before LC can beat a top level team their D has to improve leaps and bounds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.